iv. yakrats

𖣯 ✹ 🌷(makligr) ꏍ !┈─❟
╰───►chapter four; hiccup
❝ yakrats!

     "RUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNN!"

      Hiccup could explain how he got into this predicament: running for his life with Snotlout from some very angry boars, but that was a really (and he means really) long story. And it was most definitely his cousin's fault. The stump of his limb throbbed uncomfortably (but something he was used to by now) as he ran as fast as he could across the simple, plain landscape among only a few trees. Their dragons should be this way━Hiccup thinks? It's not his fault, okay? All the trees look the same on this island! And he was sure they've been running in circles from these very angry boars.

     Snotlout raced beside him, heaving and his face flustered with effort. "I HATE YOUUUU!" He screamed as he did so.

     Hiccup rolled his eyes, trying to keep his breathing steady and his pace fast.

     But Snotlout wasn't finished. "'Let's explore the island on foot'," he mimicked; nazal, high-pitched━a horrible impersonation of Hiccup, really. "'Rest the dragons for a long tip home. I'm a mutton-head!'"

     They skidded along a set of rocks only for Hiccup to yell in alarm and throw his hands out. Snotlout slammed right into his arm, almost sending the two of them over the edge of the cliff and into the deep water over twenty feet below.

     Hiccup spun around, eyes wide to see the boars gaining very fast. Snotlout threw his hands up, furious. "Okay, genius!" he snapped. "What's our next move?"

     He was out of ideas. He looked around, desperate. "Ah━argh━weapons!" he exclaimed, still searching as the boars slowed down, coming up to them and knowing they had nowhere to go. Their long tusks frothed with saliva, eager for a good mauling. "W━we need weapons..."

     He expected Snotlout to ask something like, "What?" when Hiccup felt a tug on his metal leg. He stumbled, very confused. Hiccup hopped on the stone, trying to figure out what was happening until he saw Snotlout tugging desperately at his prosthetic. "Got one!" he cried.

     "Wha━?!" Hiccup struggled, trying to push him away at the shoulders, "Snotlout! Let go!" He hit him a few times on the helmet.

     "What?! I call dibs!" He tugged harsher. "GIMME!"

     "Get off me!"

     They went back and forth, wrestling, shoving, pushing. Hiccup grunted as Snotlout's other hand tried to push him away by the cheek. The boars faltered, very startled at the scene. The cousins fought, completely forgetting why they needed a weapon in the first place.

     But Yrsa and Toothless came to their rescue. Riding Hiccup's dragon, she frowned at them, disappointed as Toothless scared the boars away with a plasma blast. Hiccup gave her his best sheepish smile, shoving Snotlout off finally. She scowled, but not surprised.

     Getting his dragon back and taking to the air with the others away from Boar Island, Hiccup sighed, slumping forward a little, "Okay, so check that island off the list."

     "What's wrong with boars?" frowned Tuffnut, steering Belch in close next to Hiccup. "More boars the ... uh ... boarier."

     He arched a brow, unimpressed. To his left, Yrsa rolled her eyes. "Don't you mean the merrier?"

    "Ha!" Tuff pointed a finger at her. "So you agree! I say we go back━"

    "No!"