Driving lessons

You are currently getting ready for your first driving lesson, but this lesson has nothing to do with a car. JJ said that he wants to teach you how to drive the HMS Pogue.

You were excited but also filled with nerves. John B would probably kill you if something happened to that boat.
You had always seen him driving the HMS but it always looked so damn confusing.
Thankfully JJ was reasonably patient with you, which meant that you won't feel under as much pressure.

Once you were ready, you left your house and walked over to John B's chateau which is where JJ is staying.

You let yourself in and immediately saw Pope, Kiara and John B sitting around the cluttered room talking.

Kiara smiled and stood up so that she could give you a quick hug. "Y/n looking fine as usual!" She giggled before sitting back down.
"Only for you babes." You winked and leant against the wall.

Pope and John B both exchanged confused looks.
"Y'all confuse me!" Pope sighed and leant back against the couch.
"Yeah I'm convinced you two are gay." John B chuckled and shrugged his shoulders.

"This is what a good friendship looks like dude!" Kiara looked at you again with a grin.

"Okay so you're telling me that if I flirt with Pope, that's a good friendship!?" He asked causing you all to burst into hysterical laughter.

You looked over to see JJ standing in the doorway with a confused expression on his face.
"What the fuck have I just walked in on!?"

"Honestly man don't even worry about it." Pope chuckled and rested his head on his fist.

You and Kiara both smiled at eachother before you turned to look at JJ who still looked out of place.

He met your gaze and sent you a small smile before nodding his head in the direction of the door, motioning that he wanted to get going.

"Well I'll see you guys later!" You replied, taking JJ's hint and heading towards the front door that was somewhat still attached to the house.

"You two have fun!" Kiara said with a smirk.
She had always shipped you and JJ ever since you joined the pogues, and she never had a problem with making her opinion heard.
You rolled your eyes in response to her statement which made her smile.

"You better not crash her!" John B called after you as you stepped out the door.
"No promises!" You called back with an innocent smile.

"Don't worry it's nearly impossible to crash." JJ assured as he caught up to you half way down the driveway.

"Yeah well I don't tend to have the best luck." You chuckled as you thought of all the possible outcomes that could happen during this lesson.

"Well lucky for you, you have the best sailor in Outer Banks to teach you." He said looking at you with a teethy grin.

"And when do I get to meet him?" You asked and looked up at him smugly.

He scoffed and put his arm around your shoulder.
"Why are you so mean to me!?"
"Because you're an easy target." You replied simply.

"Oh I'll get you back later." He smirked as you both arrived at the dock.

JJ grabbed a few things off the dock and threw them onto the boat before standing near the edge, next to the HMS.

"Ladies first!" He held out his hand and helped you onto the boat.
Before he hopped aboard, he untied the boat from the dock and threw the rope onboard.

He quickly jumped into the boat before it drifted too far away from the dock. He landed with a thud, but still managed to stay upright.

You smiled as you watched the blonde boy struggle to regain his balance after he jumped aboard.
You grabbed his arm in attempt to steady him out, thankfully it worked because as amusing as it would be, you didn't want him falling overboard before the motor was even turned on.