Confession

You had just received a facetime request from your bestfriend JJ.
Now was probably a good time for him to call because you were about to cut your own hair out of absolute boredom.

You walked into your bedroom and laid down on your bed before pressing the big green button, causing his face to fill the screen.

He was sprawled out on the spare bed at John B's chateau with a smile on his face.

"Hey dude!" You smiled and moved your phone further away once you realised how close it was to your face.

"Hey! Are you busy?" He asked almost sounding nervous.

"Well I was about to cut my hair but apart from that, no." You chuckled.

"You'd end up crying in the bathroom for an hour afterwards." He laughed and propped his phone up on the windowsill so that he wouldn't have to hold it.

"You know me too well!" You smiled and shook your head.
"Anyway what did you wanna talk about?"

"Um, I actually need advise."
You were completely shocked, he normally went to John B for advise not you.

"Holy shit! The JJ Maybank is coming to me for advise!? This must be important." You sat up so that you could hold your phone better.

"Shut up!" He groaned and ran his fingers through his messy blonde hair.

You giggled and crossed your legs.
"So, what is it that I can assist you with?" You asked in a posh tone.

He let out a small sigh before looking at the camera again. "It's, uh, about a girl."

"Oooh does someone have a crush?" You teased causing him to roll his eyes.

"Maybe... Yeah I do." He smiled as a light blush crept over his cheeks.

You were happy for him, he hadn't been able to fall for a girl in a long time, so you were glad he finally has.
But you also couldn't help feeling jealous over whoever the girl was. You had developed feelings for JJ a little while ago but you didn't want to push him, so you kept it to yourself.

"Aww that's cute! Who is she?!" You said, trying to hold back the excitement for your bestfriend.

"It's a surprise, but she's really cool!" He smiled and rested his head on his fist.

"She sounds amazing! You should totally ask her out." You smiled, trying your best to be supportive.

"I dont think she feels the same way." He sighed and looked down, fiddling with his rings.

"Why not? Any girl would be lucky to have you!" You reassured, trying to make him feel better.

He looked up again and hesitated before talking again. "I dunno, she always calls me dude."

"Dude that's not even that big of a deal!" You sighed and shook your head, but then noticing JJ looking at you with raised eyebrows.

Then it hit you, he was talking about you...

"Wait... you mean me?" You cupped your hand to your mouth.
You were shocked that he felt the same way, you thought he could do lots better but it turns out he didn't want anyone else.

"Yeah." He replied nervously. "I'm sorry if this ruins our friendship but I couldn't keep it to myself anymore."

"No JJ it's okay, I uh, I like you too."
You noticed a smile start to form on his lips once he realised what you'd just said.

"Wait really?" He smiled and leant closer to his phone.

"Yup! For quite a while now." You sighed.
Gosh it felt good to let that out.

"Wow! You're good at hiding it." He chuckled.

"Well I didn't want to push you into something you weren't ready for."

"I wish I could hug you right now." He smiled and pouted his bottom lip.

"Come and do it then." You smiled and ran your fingers through your hair.

His face lit up at your suggestion. "Can I?"

"Yeah of course!"

He grinned and grabbed his phone off the windowsill. "I'll be there in five."

"Okay." You chuckled.

You both hung up and you were still full of nerves. You just hoped that it wouldn't be awkward once he gets here.

You quickly brushed your hair and made sure that you didn't look like shit before he arrived.

Sure enough a few minutes later there was a knock at the door, which echoed throughout the silent house.

Your heart started pounding as you walked towards the front door.
Here we go!

You opened the door and before you could even say a word, JJ lunged forward and pulled you into a tight hug.

You almost had to take a step back to stop yourself from falling but thankfully you regained your balance.

A smile spread across your face as you hugged him back, wrapping your arms around his torso.

After what seemed like forever, you both pulled away and stared at eachother helplessly.

He grabbed your hand and lead you inside, out of the doorway.

"I still can't believe you actually like me." You chuckled as he pulled you down onto the couch.

"Why wouldn't I? You're the perfect girl." He smiled and wrapped his arm around your shoulders.

"I'm far from perfect JJ." You sighed and looked up into his gorgeous blue eyes.

"You're perfect to me." He said in a soft tone.
You smiled and rested your head on his shoulder.

A few minutes of silence went by before JJ spoke up again. "Y/n I need to tell you something."

You looked up and noticed that he was a nervous wreck. "Okay."

He took a deep breath before talking. "I know I'm shit at all this relationship stuff, but I really wanna give us a go. If you don't want to that's fine, but I really think we could work."

You looked at him unable to even form a reply. You were still shocked that he even liked you, and now he wants to date you!?
Holy shit this is the best day of your life!

"Y/n please say something you're kinda stressing me out." He chuckled nervously.

"I wanna give us a try too." You managed to reply, instantly noticing JJ relax a little.

"Holy shit! Wait so I can call you my girlfriend now?" He asked with an excited look on his face.

"You sure can!"

"And we can do all that cute shit that couples do!?" He asked as his smile grew bigger if that was even possible.

"Mhm." You hummed and smiled at how excited he was.

"Can I do this?"
Before you realised what he was talking about, he dipped his head down and softly pressed his lips against yours.

It took you a few seconds to actually kiss him back because you were shocked, but once you did, you could feel him start to smile against your lips.

The kiss was only short, but it was much needed.
Unbeknownst to you both, the two of you had both wanted to do this for a long time.

When you both pulled away, JJ rested his forehead on yours. Once again, the butterflies in your stomach were going crazy.

"You can do that whenever you want." You finally replied, causing a grin to appear on his face.

"I'm gonna hold you to that." He smirked.