Set up

It was early Saturday morning when you got a text from Kiara, asking you to meet her and the pogues at the beach. Of course you agreed because you loved spending time with them.
Unbeknown to the guys, you had liked JJ for a while, only Sarah and Kiara knew.

You changed into some denim shorts and a tube top, with a bikini underneath just incase they decided to go swimming. Also just as a precaution since someone usually gets thrown in the water at some stage.

Shortly after, you left your house and started walking the short distance to the beach.
Once you arrived the salty smell of the ocean filled the air, and all you could hear was the crashing sound of waves.

You looked around and noticed that the beach was completely empty appart from a small box further up the shore.
Of course you went over to have a look because who the hell wouldn't.

You soon realized that it wasn't actually a box, and that the 'box' wasn't the only thing in that spot.
The so called box, was actually a picnic basket, which had a whole blanket and everything set up underneath it.

You're eyes widened as you read a note that had been stuck on top of the basket. It read; Have fun Y/n & JJ ;)
You immediately recognized Sarah's handwriting which made you realise what was going on.
"Those little sh-"

"Hey y/n!"
You swiftly turned around to see the blonde boy approaching you.
"Oh, uh, hey!" You replied with a small smile.

His eyes drifted away from yours, onto the spot behind you.
"What's all this!?" He asked, pointing at the whole picnic set

"I swear it wasn't me!" You raised your arms in defence.
"It was already there when I got here."
"Mhm, sure." He smirked and focused his attention back on you.
You smiled and playfully rolled your eyes.

"This is giving me major kook vibes!" He said, causing you both to laugh.
"I think we've been set up, because that's Sarah's writing." You sighed and showed him the cringey note.

"Well did they at least leave us good food?" He chuckled and walked past you, towards the basket.

This lead you to believe that he literally didn't care about hanging out with you, and that he only cares about the food.

Then you felt a hand grip your wrist. "C'mon gorgeous, sit down."
You smiled and let him pull you down onto the mat.
Maybe he doesn't only care about the food.

You sat down next to JJ and you both looked curiously through the food filled basket.
Inside you saw fruit kebabs, candy, cupcakes and heaps more.

"Holy shit, what's the occasion!?" You giggled and continued rummaging through the basket.
"Well I'm guessing the pogues chose a cheesy romantic theme." He chuckled as a light blush started forming on his face.

You sent him a small smile before grabbing out the container that was full of fruit kebabs.
You picked up one of the sticks and started sliding the fruit off one by one.

"So I'm guessing the others aren't coming then." You said in a sarcastic tone.
"I'm fine with that." He smiled and wrapped his arm around your shoulder, pulling you closer to him.

As much as you played it cool, in reality you were internally screaming.
The guy that you liked was spending time with you alone on the beach.

Once you had both finished eating JJ stood up and held out his hands to help you up aswell.
"Come swimming with me?" He looked at you with a convincing smile.
"As long as you don't drown me." You giggled.

He let go of your hands and lifted his shirt over his head, revealing his toned torso.
You quickly looked away before he noticed you staring.

Shortly after, you took off your top and shorts, revealing your bikini.
Unlike you, JJ didn't make any effort to hide his strong gaze.
You smiled and looked down, trying to hide your red cheeks.