Chapter 9

'Hold on, don't look back, you know we're better than that. Lost and thrown away, you know we're better than that. We are the Strays.' -Sleeping With Sirens, The Strays.

"J-Jane, I thought you were clean?" I stammered, lowering my beer bottle as she gestured towards her bedroom.

Glancing to Jesse, we both nervously stood up and followed her, she had a little set up going on with her dressing table, she had obviously been waiting to get me and Jesse together with her. I'd been in Jane's room a million times, whether it was just falling asleep together after a couple drinks or helping her pick out clothes- we once spent an entire day drawing all over the walls before she wallpapered.

"Who gives... A shit... About recovery?" she wheezed a little as she grabbed my arm and tightened a belt on my arm, obviously to control the blood supply to get the needle in the bloodstream.

"I'm- I'm drunk Jane, My neighbour was murdered today I- I don't think... My head isn't straight..." I shook my head and tried to pull away.

"Jane-" Jesse and I glanced at each other, throughout the entire time we were together we always agreed that we would never get into stuff like this- this shit was life ruining, so at least I knew Jesse and I both had some common ground.

"Jane..." I watched her tap my arm as she took off the belt.

"What's it feel like?" I asked slowly.

"You'll feel a chill, Don't freak out it passes, and then... We'll meet you there." Jane smiled slowly at him as I suddenly felt a huge wash of nausea as she placed the needle to my arm.

"J-J-Jane-" I jittered nervously, but I didn't move away.

"Hey. I've got you. Don't worry." she leant forward and pressed a kiss to my cheek, before taking my elbow in her hand. It was then that I felt a soft palm in my own that was keeping my balance on the bed. Glancing to Jesse I couldn't even force a smile.

"It's not a big deal." Jesse shook his head.

"Y-You've done this before?" I frowned, my heart dropping.

"Me and Jane have had a couple rounds with it... I'm sorry I didn't think you would ever get involved."

"Jesse we said-"

"That was a long time ago." he said sternly.

I then looked back to Jane, wincing as the cold needle pierced my skin.

"Get off." standing up, I forced myself off the bed, ripping my hand from Jesse's.

"Yo Mila... Chill." he held his hand up.

"Chill?" I mocked his deep accent.

"Mila it's okay-" Jane exclaimed, standing up, her eyes dark.

"You might have managed to convert him Jane but your not ruining my life too. I hope you two smack-heads are very very happy together..." slamming the door after me, I ran out of the house- they didn't even try to catch up with me.

A/N:
Ah so proud of Mila. Sorry about the late update I just have so much schoolwork to do, the trailer is completely done but my laptop isn't letting me upload, I'll try get it up asap! This was a bit of a short chapter but the next one is quite long!
~Cat.