Chapter 28

"I will not have sex with him again." I snarled at my reflection, hands gripping either side of the porcelain sink. 

After the chinese food, one thing led to the other and... eh. 

"You are so weak." I glared down at my crotch and sighed loudly. 

"It's MY DOUGH YO- YOU GOT A NERVE YOU KNOW THAT?" I heard a loud slam, and Jesse yelling angrily. 

Edging out of the bathroom, I flinched as he threw a phone across the room, it bursting into a shower of pieces. 

"Jess-"

"WHAT!" he swung around, arms open and eyes wide before he sighed and rubbed between his eyebrows. 

"Sorry, M. Just got some bad news." 

"Which was?" I edged forward, Jesse had always had a temper. He'd never used it on me, but it didn't make him any less scary when he did lose it. 

"I did a deal a few days ago. Before you say it, I fuckin' know save the lecture. Made my own batch, sold it to a big kingpin. White didn't have anything to do with it and they gave him half the payment." he chewed on his lip as I fiddled with my hands. 

"How much was the payment?" I said quietly. 

"A lot. A lot a lot." 

"Wow. Sounds like a lot." my voice cracked as I chuckled, his face breaking into a smile. 

"So... whose the new big guy? My best friends dead and I'm under house arrest the least you can do is give me the crackhead lowdown." I plonked down onto a large luminous yellow love sack, a purchase that still baffled me frequently. 

"I uh, I don't know if I should tell you this one Mils." he scratched his head and sat opposite in a green version- yet another questionable investment. 

"Who am I gonna tell? Plus. I don't have a big mouth, you know that." 

"Gustavos Fring." 

My heart sank. 

"Gustavos- like, my boss. Gus."

"Yeah." 

"He can't know about me Jess I'll lose my job he can't know we're involved." my palms began to sweat as panic kicked in. 

"You really think you need a job? Look at all of this!" he raised his hands, "I got you covered as long as I'm around M. Fuck Los Pollos." 

"What, so I just sit around like a good little drug dealer trophy wife, you bring home all of the goods with your dinner ready on the goddamn table and you go "Honey I'm HOOOOME!" Is that really it Jess? If you think that you don't know me at all." I snapped angrily. 

"No... I know you down to the last freckle on your ass. I know that you'd like to go back to college. I can do that for you I've got the money." 

"I couldn't ask that from you." I shook my head. 

"You're not asking I'm offering." his eyes didn't leave mine. 

"What, so you'd just give me college tuition?" I scoffed, "Why?" 

"Because... Even though we haven't been... great lately. You went through a lot of shit. A lot of really, really bad shit. Shit that wouldn't have happened if I wasn't around. Just promise me you'll stay around a little longer, and the tuition shit is yours." I paused, rubbing my face stress-fully. That was a lot of shit. 

"How long?"

"Until I get on my feet a little more. A few more big deals and I'll be out of the ABQ. I need someone, and the last time I checked you need someone right now to keep you safe." I looked down, the eye contact was starting to get a little too uncomfortable and the fuzzy feeling in my stomach didn't seem to fade this time. 

"I can look after myself-" I grumbled quietly. 

"Mila, whoever is after you, you cant handle yourself, and lets be honest it's probably something to do with me anyway. Just say yes, and the money is yours and we're both outta here." 

"Yes." I nodded, smiling in relief, a life outside of Albuquerque hadn't seemed like an option for so long, and now here it was on a plate in front of me- just keep my mouth closed and head down for a few months. 

"Okay... just give me some time." 

"I'm not having sex with you again." I tried not to smirk. 

"That's fine. Your company is enough. Your ass is just a very.... VERY amazing.. hot-"

"Jesse."

"Bonus." he finished with a wink. 

"So. How do you plan on making the last few bucks?" I swiftly changed the conversation. 

"I got an agreement with some guys."

"By some guys do you mean Skinny Pete and Badger?" I chuckled. 

"Yeah, so?" he grunted in defence. 

"Fuck Skinny Pete and Badger." I clenched my door and held my breath as I met his curious gaze. 

"We did it once before. I like to work for my money. You got the gear and I got the gab." his eyes turned dark. 

"You aren't getting involved M they'll eat you alive-" 

"What because I'm a girl? The last time I checked your street smarts wasn't about whats between your legs Jess. Can this be my condition?" I shrugged.

"Mila-"

"Skinny Pete and Badger are useless. You know that, I know that. You need someone who can sell little for a lot." I raised my arm, flashing my watch at him, "If I recall, back in the day I paid for this myself after a deal and had a hell of a lot left over. It's Gucci, Jesse."

"Say if I make the gear, you help sell it. Dealing with Gus he won't want you around his... Legal businesses. You can't work, you want college. You want a cut." 

"If I stay here I can lease my the houses out. You forget I'm my own landlord. Along with two other properties. I invested." I said.

"Alright.." Jesse nodded slowly.

"But if we make more than I need for college, that's when we talk cuts."

"I think... I've found a new partner. It's a deal, Dean." 

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐈 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧... 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐬𝐭 𝐌𝐢𝐥𝐚 𝐢𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨 (𝐈 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐨𝐨) 𝐬𝐨 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐉𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞'𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭. 𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐉𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞. 𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞. ~𝐂𝐚𝐭.