Chapter 10

'I'd come for you, no one but you, yes I'd come for you but only if you told me to. Yes I'd fight for you, I'd lie- it's true.' Nickelback, I'd Come For You.

Jumping back, I swore loudly as I noticed the Los Pollos cup I had been filling had completely overflowed onto the floor, my forehead rested on the dispenser.

My entire conscience was completely bent today, all I could think about was last night. Jane was so confident about me ruining everything I had- she knew what I was like, when I got a taste for something that was it. Jesse was fine with it too... And how Reggie had been there all that time...Why didn't I notice?

Stuffing the plastic lid onto the cup, I placed it onto the tray that was sat in front of a stout old man who looked like he had been chewing on a wasp.

"Enjoy your meal-" I smiled pleasantly as he grunted and nodded before waddling off.

I jumped suddenly as ACDC's 'Back In Black' burst from my back pocket, damn- Cynthia would kill me if she found out I had my phone. Whipping it out, I frowned at the unknown number.

"Hello?" turning my back to the counter, I folded my arms.

"Yo- Mila?"

"Jesse I swear to god-"

"NO! No no no Mila PLEASE don't hang up, yo this is serious-" his voice was stern and worried, he sounded desperate.

"Hey slow it down Speedy Gonzales- breathe. Tell me what's wrong."

"I'm ugh... I'm in trouble and your the only person that I can think of, you gotta help me I'm freaking out yo-"

"Jesse. Slow down. Your still selling, right?" I bit my lip and waited as there was a slight pause before his answer.

"Yeah. I'm still selling-"

"Is this anything to do with the fact that your still selling?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Yeah but hear me out-"

"Goodbye Jesse!" I sang.

"BITCH-"

Tucking the phone back into my pocket, I rolled my eyes as the phone rang again.

"MILA. YOUR NOT A BITCH-"

"What's in it for me Jesse?" I lowered my voice.

"What?"

"What's in it for me if I come save your ass?" I pondered, tracing my finger across the sticky worktop.

"Nothing! What do you want me to-"

"Have a nice day-"

"OKAY OKAY!!" Jesse sighed as I grinned, he was always a pushover.

"Hit me."

"30 grand. If you come and save me, I give you 30 grand."

My legs went to jelly- my stomach felt as though it would fall out of my arse, my head stuffed with cotton wool. 30 grand.

"JESSE" I heard a voice in the background.

"She's persuasive, man!" Jesse grunted back.

"Is someone there with you?" I snapped from my daydream.

"Yeah but he's harmless, he's a grumpy old son of a bitch but he wouldn't hurt a fly." He exclaimed, "That cool?"

"I'm getting 30 grand. Bring the whole damn cartel if you need."

"Sweet. So, can you come now?"

"Where exactly am I going?" I glanced to the side and saw Cynthia giving me a death glare.

"We're pretty far into the desert-"

"Jesse. I can't just- JUST COME TO THE HOSPITAL NOW! I KNOW, I KNOW THE BABY IS COMING... I KNOW YOU NEED A BIRTH PARTNER BABY BUT LOS POLLOS NEEDS ME.. I'M JUST GOING TO HAVE TO ACCEPT THE FACT THAT I'M GOING TO MISS THE BIRTH OF MY FIRST SURROGATE BABY!" I held my head and glanced back to Cynthia, who looked slightly confused.

"Mila what the actual fuck-" Jesse said in confusion.

"One second baby.. Okay BREATHE! In, out... Your doing amazing baby!" placing the phone to my chest I glanced to Cynthia.

"Cynthia, please my girlfriend is giving birth- I have to be there!" I begged.

"You never told me-"

"That we were pregnant? Well, 9 months as you can now see!" I smiled widely.

"No, that you like... The ladies.." She moved slightly closer as my eyes nearly popped out of my skull.

"YEP. THAT'S ME. LOVE ME SOME BOOBS. CAN I GO?" I leant back in alarm.

"Take all the time you need, chica!" with a wink, she swayed off.

"What the hell.." I murmured under my breath, before quickly grabbing my bag and jacket and making my way out of Los Pollos Hermanos.

"Jesse I swear- my ancient Spanish boss thinks my lesbian girlfriend is giving birth right now so this BETTER be good."

"Okay so- Yo, what the hell Mila you off your meds today or somethin'?" I could even feel his judgy little blue eyes on the phone.

"Look I just feel like a car door has shut slowly on my soul so spare the questions and cut straight to it." I held out my hand, climbing into the car.

"Alright I'll text you directions, my phones gonna die so I won't be able to reply-"

"Give me your friends number?" I frowned.

"He's uh.. He's very private." Jesse stammered.

"Fine whatever. Is that it?"

"Bring water. Lots of water!" Jesse stated.

"Alright, and Jesse?"

"I'm listening."

"I would have come and got you without the 30 grand..." I smiled to myself, before putting the phone down and setting off.

A/N:
Well that took a bit of an unexpected turn! If you know the show, you probably know where this is going. Remember to vote and comment, it means the world! ~ Cat.