Chapter 3:

I am slowly making art to put as covers don't worry- those first two parts were made short on purpose btw-
_____________________________________________

Back to Espresso's pov

Once Espresso got back to his lab he let out a long sigh. Hopefully now that there was no one to distract him he could finish his work in peace. Espresso grabbed one of the books from his very small pile of thing's he hasn't read yet and sat at his table, a notebook and pen laying in front of him so that he could write down anything important.

Only problem, Espresso couldn't stop thinking about that damn cookie Madeleine. How is he supposed to work with this man stuck in his head? No matter how hard Espresso tried he couldn't stop thinking about Madeleine.

"Oh what is wrong with you Espresso?" The dark cookie asked himself annoyed.

Espresso put his book down and went to make himself a cup of coffee. That always helped him concentrate before. Unfortunately the man had forgotten to get more coffee beans.

Espresso had to go out to get more. Espresso had to risk seeing that stupid light cookie again... Well if it means Espresso gets more coffee, then he's going to have to risk it.

Honestly Espresso felt like he needed to see that stupid cookie's face again. He wasn't sure why though. Well who doesn't want to see the Knight commander himself?

After a few hours of trying to distract himself, Espresso left his laboratory;he needed to get that damn cookie off of his mind.

He initially hoped not to bump into his sister again, but as fate would have it, Latte Cookie called his name and elegantly strode over to him.

"I can't help but notice that you seem awfully distracted." She commented, stepping in sync with her brother.

"Would you stop pestering me?" Espresso murmured, his eyes practically rolling into the back of his skull.

"Sorry but it's my job to pester you.'

"Well you're doing it well."

Espresso knew how stubborn his sister could be, so he gave up trying to get away from her.

The two cookies made their way to a table outside Sparkling Cookie's bar and both sat facing opposite from each other.

"So," Latte began "you've been acting distant today. Well, more distant than usual."

Espresso gave her a flat look.

"I can't help but notice that your strange behaviour only started when the new cookie arrived in the kingdom..."

"What are you implying?"

"I'm implying that perhaps you don't like the newcomer."

Well, Latte was right about Espresso's behaviour being relaxed to Madeleine Cookie, but she certainly wasn't right about how her brother felt.

_____________________________________________

Im going to try and write a longer chapter soon- also some of this was written by a friend big thinks to them!