Ocean Blue.

A/N: READ THE CHAPTER LOVE SONG IN CHERRY FOR HER POV!!!

THIS IS A DOUBLE UPDATE!!

"No dude, I'm telling you right now this isn't a song I would put on an album." I shove the idea away as I sit on Mitch's couch.

    "Why? Let me guess? Because you're a big pussy? Is that it?" He asks, and I roll my eyes. He's never going to let this go.

    "No it's because the song isn't something that's fully me.. I mean lyrically it is and I love the sound of it. We wrote it together so it has a lot of other influences Mitch but I'm coming off a world famous boy band that never would have let this type of music see the light of day.. Do you really think it's a good idea to share that kind of stuff right now with-"

    "I get where you're coming from... I really do.. But here's an idea. Stop giving a fuck what anyone thinks dude.. It's your album." He claps his hands together, and I sigh, knowing he's right to some extent but I've made the decision in my head. Medicine won't go on the album. My phone vibrates, and I realize how late it is, but also see her name calling me. Mitch notices it too, and smirks. "Well it's your album, and hers." He jokes. I smirk, and shake my head, stepping off to the side as I slide it open and answer. She's never called me this late, and though I smile at the jokes I feel my stomach sink as I pick up.

    "Hello?" I ask, realizing how tired I sound. I never stay up this late, ever.

    "H-hi.. I'm. I'm so sorry. I'm s-sorry it's so late, I- I just-"

    "Cherry.. Cherry slow down, take a deep breath." I straighten up, fully in tune, and listen to her. I've never heard her like this before and I already know what's happening. I assume it was a nightmare. I assume she's panicking right now, and I assume she's beating herself up over it. I remember what she told me. I remember she said when she has these nightmares she stays up after them. She says she has her cat to comfort her, but that doesn't fully sit right with me, no matter how close they are.

    "I c-can't.. I can't, I just-"

    "I'll be there in a second." I answer instantly, walking back into the living room. I grab my keys from Mitch's coffee table, and stand there.

    "N-no I'll be fine, I just.. I just-" She's completely broken down, and hearing her like this right now is making me panic, mostly because there's nothing I can do from here.

    "I'm going to get in my car now." I tell her, trying to keep my voice calm.

    "No! No, don't get in the car please.. Please I just-"

    "Darlene.. Darlene calm down. I'm getting to you right now one way or the other. Just talk to Bowie, and I'll be there in five." I explain, and hang up, knowing she's going to continue to argue. I know she's not saying no because I'm not welcome. She's saying no because she thinks this is bothering me. She feels like a burden right now, and that's the last thing she is. She's actually my first priority.

    "What's going on?" Mitch asks, and despite that they aren't super close he looks concerned too.

    "Um.. Cherry is having a rough time, she's... She just needs someone right now and I'm going to go over there. I'm sorry I know we were-"

    "No, don't apologize, don't worry about it. Go, seriously." He stands up, motioning towards the door, and I nod, moving away from the living room, and towards my car.

    "I'll see you later. Love you." We hug, and Mtich says goodbye, but I can't focus on anything but how she sounded. I can't focus on anything besides the fact that her fear, and anxiety seeped through the phone, and the way it's affecting me is scaring me too because I've never cared like this. Part of me is telling me it's because deep down I know she's a wonderful person who doesn't deserve this, and that's why I care so much, but the other part of me knows it's because I really like this girl, baggage and all, and I'm starting to understand the lengths I'll go to because of that.