【 Chapter 2 】

I was a single half of a clam shell, adrift in a vast ocean. Every passing day someone would find their match, but somehow I already knew you were worlds away from me—

"Hey there Annie,"

       I gasp in surprise. Snapping my book shut I turn my head to look at him. "JoJo! How dare you scare me like that!"

       He laughs as he leans against the tree I've made a habit out of reading under most evenings. "Sorry about that. I wasn't purposefully being quiet or anything, I guess you were just too focused on your book and you didn't notice me approaching."

       I slip the book into my bag and get up, dusting myself off as I do so, "For what reason did you sneak up on me like that?"

       He shrugs, "I just thought you might be bored of always studying every afternoon and that you might want a break."

I turn to face him fully while slinging my book bag over my shoulder. "First off, I think studying is an excellent use of my time. Good grades will help me in the long run." I lean closer to his face, crossing my arms, "And secondly, I happen to be reading for pleasure right now."

       "Hmm? Why would you do that?" He asks raising an eyebrow, "My father makes me read enough for schooling as it is, I can't imagine taking up more of my spare time to read."

       "Well, I've always loved reading, ever since I was young. My father owns a book store after all." I state matter-of-factly.

"Really? That's kinda cool!" His face lights up with childish wonder, then after a moment he remembers his original intention for coming here, "Well, anyways, I always see you reading or drawing. I thought you might like a change of pace."

"What do you have in mind?" I urge him to continue.

"I was wondering if you'd like to come to my house for a little while. Then you could meet Danny, and I could give you a tour of the place," He finishes.

        I consider his offer, mulling over if visiting the Joestar mansion is worth the hour long lecture I'm sure to get once I get back home. After a little thought I decide to deal with the consequences later. After all I've never been in a mansion before. "Sure, I bet it'll be lots of fun."

JoJo leads me to a tall front gate made of metal bars. A man stands in a small compartment to the side of the gate.

"Hello Master Jonathan. Who is this young lady with you?" The man asks.

"She's my new friend, Anne." JoJo replies, "Can she come in?"

He smiles,"Why of course she can. Any friend of the young master is welcome here."

       Then he opens the gate for us. As soon as we get through Jonathan picks up speed. He bounds up the paved path leading up to his house.

       I take in the perfectly trimmed hedges, and the freshly cut grass, yet somehow not a single blade of grass nor leaf resides on the path we run on.

       The mansion towers before me, I have to tilt my head back to see the top. I venture onto the massive front porch and examine the intricate carved designs in the wooden railing.

Can you even call this building a house?

       "My family is very fortunate to have all this," JoJo says out of the blue, "We truly are blessed."