【 Chapter 15 】

If you'd like you can keep listening to the battle music from last chapter, since it's the same fight and all.

________________________________

       "Gladly." In one swift movement, Dio's claw-like nails slice away what's left of his singed shirt, letting the tattered material fall to the ground, burning to a pile of ash. His eyes flick to Speedwagon, who's currently being dragged away by Athena against his will.

       "Athena! Let go of me! I need to help Mr. Joestar!" He struggles in her hold, but she doesn't budge.

       "You're injured, Speedwagon! I'm sorry to say it, but you'd only get in the way in your state." She argues, pulling him toward the exit of the burning building.

       Dio glances at the staircase, letting out a quiet laugh and then kicking the wall, his foot breaking through with ease. He does the same with his other foot, proceeding to walk up the wall with a hand on his hip, looking as if he's going for a morning stroll.

       Jonathan hurries to the next staircase, ascending to the roof. What's he thinking? That's a dead end you dimwit! How am I supposed to protect you now? The fire spreads, catching onto all the expensive art pieces and luxurious furniture, sending every tapestry up in flames.

       I have a little time before the structure of the building begins to weaken, in that amount of time I can save Jonathan and stop Dio from committing another murder. Dio's focus is on Jonathan right now, so I move quickly, stealthy making my way up the stairs.

       I follow in Jonathan's footsteps as Dio climbs, forging his own gravity-defying path. When I reach the roof, a gust of wind pushes against me, threatening to throw me from the building and land on the pavement bellow. My legs shake, a shiver is sent through my body from the cold rain.

       It's okay. Stay calm, Anne, you've got this under control. I clutch the siding of the dormer, peaking my head around the corner to see Jonathan, swiveling his head back and forth to spot him as soon as he arrives. A loud crash sounds as Dio breaks through the roof, shingles flying in every direction.

       ❝ Muda muda! He proclaims, raising his leg and swinging it at Jonathan, "It's hopeless! A fall from this height will kill you!"

       He barely blocks the kick using the spearhead jammed in his shoulder, the impact sends him sprawling. Jonathan gets to his hands and knees, glaring up at Dio with a ferocity I've never seen from him. Oh no. This is going to be bad.

       Rising to his feet, Jonathan charges at him like an ox, putting all his built up emotion into his initiative. As he starts running, I'm already halfway there. I drive my shoulder into Dio's side, throwing all my weight into it, successfully moving him out of the way.

       As soon as Jonathan grasps what's about to happen, he slows down, but it isn't enough. His wide, dark blue eyes meet my honey brown ones, a small reassuring smile forming on my face. It isn't your fault, JoJo. The wind is knocked out of me as my back is slammed into the wall of the dormer. I feel it give way, my body crashing through.

       Jonathan tries to grab my hand, our fingertips brushing together slightly as I feel myself begin to fall.

       "A-Annie!" He screams.

       Everything seems to move in slow motion after that, my body becomes completely weightless as I plummet, down into the mansion, seeing the familiar, but now blackened patterns of the wallpaper rushing past me.