The Unlucky Golden Ticket

As reluctant as you were, the word finally came out of your mouth. "Deal."

The thin layer of the handkerchief acted as a layer of protection as he pressed his palm against yours with a grin. You were sure that he was only smiling because he gained an asset. But you felt less frightened after that talk, why? Well, he saw you at your weakest point and didn't take advantage of it, plus if the guy was going through all this trouble, you doubt it would only be to plot your demise. No, you might just have an ally now, a powerful one. Maybe, your mundane life would finally have excitement without the fear. And you'd finally gain control over your life.

"Come along now," he said turning in the direction of the party. "You're coming with me to my estate so we can plan things out more. Because if we're going to make these people bend to my every will and whim, we'll need to get our plan straight."

_______________________________

Chapter 6: The Unlucky Golden Ticket 🎫

~

A single day for yourself... if that day had already passes, it must've happened when you were youg and ignorant, blissfully unaware of the cage that was your life and too foolish to live it to the fullest.

Of the numerous responsibilities you had to deal with, of the various things your parents strictly controlled and regulated, there were only two times in your life where you were more or less forced to do something where you enjoyed it or knew it would ultimately benefit your future. One of them was your newly-formed alliance with Dio. There is no doubt that it would serve you well in the long run, but only if you were willing to make sacrifices. The second was your fencing lessons, which you still had some mixed feelings about.

But being taken away from the opportunity of going back home to only waste more social energy at someone else's home? This ain't it. The worst part? You just had the unfortunate pleasure of crossing paths with the worst person at the party, the hostess herself, dearest and sweetest Elizabeth.

Mid-stride she suddenly blocked your path and almost caused you to collide with her. Her sickly pink gown with gigantic frills everywhere still managed to brush against your own earthy-toned dress.

"(Y/N) darling! How could you even think about leaving without saying goodbye to me?!" She said while dragging out each word with some spoiled-child attitude she must have developed over the years.

With Dio at your side escorting you to his carriage, you wanted to end this conversation pronto and leave this party just as fast. "I apologize Elizabeth, you just seemed so busy entertaining the other guests that I didn't want to interrupt you..."

"After what you did, I would gladly talk to you even if I was in the middle of a conversation with the Majesty Herself!" She exclaimed.

After what you did...? Did she catch you doing something stupid? Your heart caught in your throat until she finished her sentence. "-you managed to beat my brother in chess! No one's ever won against Thomas before and he really needed to be put in his place!"

Oh- Ohhh. They were related, that made so much sense. The same rotten-to-the-core personalities that must run in the family, their enjoyment of watching others suffer, and their boasting about their own abilities or accessories. You felt like you should have figured out their relationship sooner, though, with her platinum blonde hair against Thomas's red, it was easy to see why you weren't able to connect the dots before.

Moreover, Elizabeth's apparent pleasure at her brother's loss was ironic. Perhaps they had some sort of sibling rivalry, or their similar personalities repelled each other? Either way, there was a chance here, and you know that Dio saw it too.