Teatime Turmoil

Even if everything he thought about her now turned out to be false or changes in the future, he could still easily get rid of her. It would be no more difficult than dropping a worn-out sword on the ground and walking away. While he intended to keep her around for now, when his plans came to fruition, and if she showed that she wasn't worthy, then he would have to eliminate her from the equation.

He picked up the book on the table and began to flip through its pages, his fingers fanned across them while doing so. At this point, he was glad that he had brought his own copy of Dracula to reread. Not only did the book speak of immortality in a way that captivated him, one of the main characters shared the name of Jonathan. When that character suffered injuries throughout the story, Dio couldn't help but smirk while imagining Jojo experiencing those pains in the same way.

_______________________________

Warning: Extremely suggestive stuff!!

Chapter 7: Teatime Turmoil 🍵

~

Behold my awesome google slide skills!

~

~

"So then- ha it's too funny! Yes, so then she went up to her father-"

"And then what Elizabeth!?" Interrupted one of the younger, more innocent girls at the table. She wasn't trying to be rude, the twinkle in her eye only showed how truly engrossed in the story she was. But that twinkle quickly dimmed upon seeing that the smile on Elizabeth's mouth faded almost immediately. The storyteller's smile was replaced by a tight-lipped stare.

The poor girl who spoke up lowered her head and mumbled an awkward apology. She lifted her gaze to read Elizabeth's reaction, or perhaps she was expecting her forgiveness, but only got a cold shoulder. All her 'friends' around the table also gave her cold shoulders when she looked to them for support. The girl didn't whine, and she didn't make a scene. Both would have been extremely unladylike and would have been even more damaging to her reputation. So she had to sit quietly, surrounded by people yet left alone to fend for herself.

It happened in a snap of a finger, but this girl who couldn't keep her mouth shut just pushed herself down the food chain. Not simply for interrupting someone at the top of the social ladder, but moreover for instantly backing off like a weakling.

"As I was saying-" Elizabeth continued, clicking her tongue and turning to face another person, "she went up to her father and said..."

You paid no attention to what she had to say next. Rather, thinking about that stupid invitation that arrived in the mail, this time in the hue of a rose petal with a matching wax seal. You should have ripped that thing to shreds before your parents spotted it. Due to that letter, you were brought to this overly-expensive pink-clothed table in the Hughes' backyard, on this breezy day to drink tea with girls who hid behind their high-pitched laughter.