Babysitting Gone Bizarre

Your rise in ecstasy from watching him suffer- admittedly- came off as quite sadistic... not that you regret it. In fact, you desired to drown in the satisfaction of the feeling longer, so you played the scene out in your head once more. Starting with Dio's arrival.

The boy had appeared out of thin air, and damn well made sure that his entrance would be anything but discreet. Just as you were politely excusing yourself to leave, the bastard snuck up from behind and took everyone at the tea party (including you) by surprise.

As hard as it was to refrain from slapping him, you had to remain composed in front of these high-class girls. You could only whisper a quick word of annoyance before brushing past him to get to your carriage. You didn't know how he reacted to your cold shoulder, and now you never will, for as soon as you turned your back the other girls jumped to make their move. That's when the delightful chaos ensued.

"Fancy seeing you here, Dio!"

"Oh my, it's so nice to talk to you again!"

"Do you remember me from Elizabeth's party?"

Hearing the bubbly uproar, you immediately turned around- in time to catch the golden moment of Dio's eyes widening from almost being tackled by his fangirls. Arms wheeling, stepping back and his face covered in shock! Oh, it was such a glorious sight! How satisfying it felt after what he pulled on you in the library!

Yet, the very best part of it all? He couldn't pin any of this on you!! It's not like any of the girls would rat you out, for who in their right mind would willingly admit that they were trying to act like his 'type' in hopes of (essentially) seducing him?

What a pity it was that the scene only lasted a mere second! His calm composure returned as quickly as he had lost it and he immediately began responding to each comment thrown at him. You couldn't hear what he said, but the squeals that the girls made were more than enough to roll your eyes at.

You turned around to continue walking to your carriage and left him to fend for himself, seeing that he could obviously handle it.

Even if you didn't have a mirror, you could still feel the way your lips tugged up to form a big smile. One so wide and genuine! Confidence bloomed in your chest and it showed in your stride- walking as though each step you took rocked the earth to its core. For the first time since that day two months ago, you've finally got the jump on him, not the other way around! At last you've proven that you could hold some power over him- that you weren't just his tool. No, you were an equally dangerous ally as he was to you. Now he'll learn to respect you!

Only once you reached the spot where your carriage should've been with its loyal coachman did your confidence become like the carriage: gone.

Zit-zat nothing.

Then, to no one's shock, who was the owner of the carriage parked right in front of where yours should've been? None other than the Joestar's. The very same carriage you rode in after Elizabeth's social party with Jonathan and Dio.

That sneaky son of a, er, mother...

Great. The pleasure of finally attaining a small act of revenge washed away all at once. You couldn't feel satisfied now, how could you? In the end he still got what he wanted. Dio must've planned it all out so that you'd have to ride in his carriage to get to your destination on time. Your victory was so insignificant in the grand schemes of his plans- simply a minor inconvenience to him. Blasted!