Chapter five

They were having dinner at a friend's house, an old friend of his. She had even been surprised the psychopathic bastard had any friends.

They were seated at the dining table eating with his friend's family. His friend's wife and two kids were there too. His hands went up her thigh, he traced his way higher while he used the other hand to eat. She gently removed his hands.

She knew she would regret doing that when they got home. He looked at her and smiled, a little too brightly. But she couldn't let him finger her in front of the kids.

"Dara, I have to look good. He's coming today," Ene said arranging her braids neatly behind her. She was in a white bathrobe. Dara arranged her makeup tools on the bed.

"Oya come and sit down," Dara said and Ene sat. Dara started working on her face. She worked very well and extra carefully, her friend had to look flawless today.

When she was done, Ene looked at her face in the mirror, she absolutely loved it. "Dara, you sabi work." Ene complimented admiring herself in the mirror.

"Everything has to be on fleek," Dara said coming out of the bathroom where she went to wash her hand. Ene changed from the bathrobe into a short beautiful body fitting dress. She paired it with white canvas and a clutch.

"If he sees you Ene, I don't think he'd want to go back to America." Dara joked, then suddenly she felt sad. She'd be so lonley if Ene left. She sighed. Over the years, right from high school, Ene had been like the sister she never had. She'd miss her so much.

Ene noticed Dara wasn't looking happy "what's wrong Dara?" "Nothing, just that, you'd be leaving soon and I'd be here alone."
"Aww Dara, you know I will never forget you, I'll always visit when I can."
"Are you sure about that?"
"Of course Dara, I love you." She said going to hug her.

Dara ordered an uber to take Ene to the airport. When the uber came, she waved Dara good bye and hopped in. There was traffic as usual and even in the morning, the sun was already very warm, it was going to be a hot day.

The uber driver tried to start a conversation with her "aunty you're looking very beautiful o." He complimented. Ene smiled and thanked him.
"Are you going to meet a man?" He asked. Ene wondered how that was his business. She ignored him.
"Madam sorry o, I did not mean to offend you with my question." He said grinning. Ene shook her head and brought out her phone.

"Young girls these days go out with men old enough to be their fathers. They don't even look at young hustling boys like us anymore." Ene looked at the driver, was this a shade at her? She was young and she looked like an Instagram slay queen. "Excuse me?" She told the driver "eh heh now. It's true, if I ask you for your number now, you will not give me because you are into all these Lagos big boys. You won't even give a common uber driver like me any chance."

His words annoyed her
"The only reason I will not give someone like you a chance is because of how you make hasty generalisations," she said calmly.
"Aunty no vex o," he said smiling. She wanted to wipe that stupid grin off his face.

When they reached the airport, he still demanded for her number. She ignored him and paid him. He had guts she thought. She went into the waiting room and waited for Bradley. She checked the time, it was 9:20 am. 40 more minutes.

She used her phone to while away time. At 10 am she still didn't see any sign of him. She was becoming apprehensive. The butterflies in her stomach were fluttering wildly. She rearranged her braids even though it didn't need it.

That was when she saw him. The tall, golden haired American. She insides felt very queasy. How would she act? What would she say? Could she run back home now if she wanted? His hair was tied behind and his beard looked so good. He had a sprinkling of hair on his arm. He was dressed well, he looked smart yet casual.

She walked up to him. He saw her and drew her in for a bone crushing hug. And kissed her wildly. People around them watched. Public display of affection wasn't normal in Nigeria.

Another man joined them, he looked like Bradley but he looked younger. She guessed it was his brother. "Hi" she greeted "hi" he greeted back smiling warmly. She ordered an uber to Eko Hotel. On the ride, Ene kept sneaking looks at Bradley, like a school girl. His brother whose name she had come to learn was Michael, asked her questions
"is Nigeria always this hot?" He asked Ene shook her head
"It's because we are in the dry season. In the rainy season, it's not always this hot." She answered and he nodded. "Where can I find hot Nigerian girls?" He asked cheekily and Ene smiled "I don't know, I only know where to find hot guys," she said and Bradley stiffened. She noticed this and turned to him. Bradley looked at her.

The outfit she wore showed a very generous amount of her cleavage. It was very short too. He felt himself grow hard. It was obvious she wasn't wearing a bra. All these would change when they got married. It annoyed him to even think some guy could be having lewd thoughts about her. She was seated in between them, he drew her closer to him.

Michael looked at his brother and smiled, he knew how jealous his brother could be. Sometimes it bothered on psychotic. But his wife to be was very attractive. Michael was happy that at last his brother was in love with someone to the extent of getting married.