Chap 8: You're All Fired

Warning: Detailed mentions of gore. Well maybe not that detailed but maybe it is. It can be uncomfortable to some so read with CAUTION.

Ok enjoy ~

Y/n's POV:
There was a whole performance, a speech from every candidate with Bakugo only saying, "I'll win" In his speech and one last speech from All Might.

After that, we were led into a hall serving refreshments, as much as I wanted to eat the food there, I knew it was going to be hard with all the noble ladies ready to drag me down.

"Lady Shimura...I see your dress is quite unique."

"Hm yes, I see eventhough you ascended to the noble lineage, you're still true to your ...commoner roots."

"Don't say that to her ladyship. She's just a child. I'm sure she'll fit in soon."

I'm 14 and fuck all of you.

I ignored their remarks and continued to stare at the refreshments, yet they couldn't take a hint.

"Lady Shimura should learn something from the new Lady Aizawa. Oh pardon me, she prefers to be called Lady Yaoyorozu. Even though she was a maid in her previous house, her etiquette is perfect."

Now I see where I got my inferiority complex from.

I scoffed, "My ladies speak of etiquette yet they continue to ridicule someone who hasn't even had a day to adjust to her new surroundings." The noble lady in front of me gripped her fan tightly as the others glared at me.

"Well...as older ladies, we should teach you and tell you where you lack." She barked through her fan and I nodded,

"Your ladyship is right about the old part. I hope the next time I greet your ladyships, things will be different. Who knows, maybe your noble age might grow even older. Excuse me." I bowed and walked through the exit, already feeling bitter.

I practiced those lines before coming here, I knew they'd say that.

"Lady Shimura." I heard someone call me but I was busy walking out and going towards the carriage,

"Lady Shimura!"

"Y/n Wait!"

I stopped and turned around to see a very flustered and beautiful Yao Momo running towards me. She stopped before me and caught her breath, "I..I .. was calling for you."

I immediately felt guilty, "I'm sorry Lady Yaoyorozu, I just really wanted to leave." I said and she covered her face with her hands, "Must you call me 'Lady'?"

"Well yeah, this isn't the academy. Have to use proper etiquette eventhough I've been told I've been lacking." I smoothed my skirt while she shook her head, "You don't lack anything! They.. they are just trying to make you and I compete with each other."

"I know. Don't worry, I don't hold any grudges towards your highness."

She still wasn't comfortable with the highness title I see, "You know you're a princess."

"So...are you."

"Not as much, Duke Tenko has full control. I have no power so no title."

She balled her fists and grabbed my hands, "Y/n. I didn't ...I didn't tell Lord Shimura about where you were. I didn't know you went to the academy. I...I feel like I led him here and he used me so he can get you without any— and I'm to blame because you wanted to run away from him—"

I hugged her tight, how did I loathe her in my previous life when she wasn't the one I should have hated?

"Don't worry. It's not your fault." If anything, many people are at fault here. Including me.