Chap 11: Blame

Hello again.
*Looks at the empty crowd*
I love it here

Y/n's POV:

What in the devil is he doing here? Is All Might out of his mind? Letting a boy stay here? I get it that he wants to keep an eye on me but still… isn’t this too much.

One would think after contributing my efforts to the empire, I could have built at least an ounce of trust but NOOOOOOOO.

I can’t say I blame them. I mean I am Tomura’s sister, who did expose him. They can’t really risk trusting me now that All Might lost his power.

But it still hurts…

Consoling myself, I turn to Denki who seems to be taking Bakugo’s moving in quite nicely. I tsked, “Have them arrange a room for him to stay in and see to whatever he needs. I’m heading to my study.”

I rubbed my temples and walked off as Denki nodded, “Don’t drown yourself in work please.”

I ignored him and walked into the study, closing the doors behind me, I sighed at the paperwork that greeted me.

Well you wanted to be a self-made person Y/n

Now do the paperwork.

Pumping myself up, I got to work.

It didn’t take long for my doors to be flung opened, and there he stands.

My dear fiancé.

He takes a look at the room, taking it all in. His eyes darting to every antique present in the room until his eyes landed on the greatest antique of all!

Me :)

Chuckling at the joke I made in my head, I caught Bakugo staring but not speaking. Raising an eyebrow at his silence, I spoke, “I mean, didn’t anyone teach you how to knock? Then again, you have a habit of arriving unannounced don’t you?”  

He still stood still, observing, until his eyes landed to the paperwork on my desk, “What’s your dumbass doing?” He walked over and leaned over to take a peek at the papers.

I sneered, “Working. You think all this reconstruction of the estate took a fairy Godmother’s wish?”

With that I went back to the paperwork. Bakugo ended up grabbing some that were already done, stamped with my seal and he hummed, “Well this dump does look better than the last time I was here.”

My pen stopped and I raised my head at him, “You have been here before? When?” He tapped his fingers against the papers, debating on whether to tell me or not, “Before you waltzed in. It was for a little while but God damn was the ‘little while’ that I spent enough! It was a dump.”

My eyes sparkled sensing the hidden compliment, “Now it’s not right?” He understood my enthusiasm and smirked,

“It’s not as NEARLY as a dump as it was before. Still could use some tuning.”

“How dare you.”

Scowling at him, I went back to reading the reports, Bakugo however, didn’t shut up,

“How’d you make so much money in a short time though?” I immediately grinned and leaned in but he burst my bubble as soon as he saw my face, “Just making sure you’re not doing something sketchy alright?! I’m not praising you.”

I frowned, not happy with his denial, “Why should I share my trade secret?”

“Didn’t I say it’s gonna take you years to become a quarter of the fortune I have?” he countered and crossed his arms, taking a seat at my table and I bit my lip, “… I increase the work force through raising the dead workers.”

He raised his eyebrows and thought about it, “How the fuck?”

“NO CURSING IN MY HOUSE.”

“OUR HOUSE.”

“HOW DARE YOU! YOU’RE A GUEST.”