Chap 14: Happy Dethroning

....I'm back?

Y/n's POV:

Bakugo's hand was warm and a tad sweaty. He was nervous and he may disagree, but there was a tremble to his arm.

Regardless, he held my hand tightly, his face looked confused as we rose up and bowed to King Endeavour.

I held his hand back, trying to match his grip intensity.

I tuned out everything else about the ceremony. Whatever speech Endeavour had prepared, the waterfall of tears that Deku had. At one point, the three boys were called in private, a meeting with the new King.

I didn't realise that it was happening until Bakugo stood up and my hand was still latched on to his.

Bakugo gently moved my fingers, removing his hand from mine. There was a gentle carass of his hand before he went , "I'll be back. Don't do anything stupid."

As the guests existed and made way to the Great Hall for refreshments and other activities, I realized how alone I truly was in that moment.

Quite literally.

My mind was buzzing, with All Might dethroned, meeting Dabi for the first time, not under his influence and yet there was a nagging thought in my head.

I maybe preventing the destruction by not being a pawn for the league, for Dabi...but it could still happen.

Some other way, the threat was still there. That is evident when they broke in that night. And what I'm really afraid if of,

Being used to bring everyone's destruction.

If not through Dabi, then through something else, someone else. If I haven't learnt anything from the past, I would trust everyone blindly.

But....aren't I doing that?

Who knows who's actually a hero here.

And especially,

What if the heroes aren't the great people I think they are?

Bakugo already... suspects me. I can see it everyone's eyes, that there is some sort of fear evident in them,

Shigaraki Tomura's little sister

What if, I end up being used by the heroes too?

Then that would be atonement for your past misdeed Y/n

I gulped at that and snapped out of my train of thought. I looked around the dimly lit chapel, with only the moon's light illuminating it.

"You sure were in deep thought."

I jumped several seat away from my right, and saw Aizawa sitting next to me, looking sleep deprived as always. He stood up and stretched his back, "You can't expect me to leave you alone in the dark now can you? I'm still responsible for you."

"What? Don't trust me?"

It left my mouth before I could register it, I didn't even realize until I saw the look of confusion of my teacher's face.

I immediately got up, "I uh I didn't mean that. I'm sorry....Thank you for being worried for my safety." I hung my head low as he walked in front of me.

After what felt like an eternity, I felt him pat my head, "Stupid kid. I should have you run laps around the castle to set your mind straight." He walked off as I followed him back into the Great hall.

As he was about to let go, "You're my kid. You're not different from the rest of the class, even if the world is against you, I'll still be with my brat of a daughter."