Ashram

-

Guru Dronacharya's Ashram

Guru Dronacharya's
Ashram

On the grounds of Guru Dronacharya's Ashram, Dushasana and the fourth born Kaurav, Vivinsati, stroll inside a tent. They were grateful that their mamashree had provided them with such a facility.

But as soon as the walk in, they are enraged to see a teenage boy already resting on their bed. In anger, Vivinsati turns to his brother, gritting his teeth.

"Bhrata Dushasana, who is this boy, that dares to rest on our bed?!"

"I don't know Vivinsati, but I will surely make him pay." Dushasana's eyes land on a sword laying nearby.

Dushasana takes a step forward with the sword in his hand, ready to strike the boy. A whip coils around the sword and pulls it away from Dushasana's hands just as he is about to strike.

Both Vivinsati and Dushasana are taken aback by the boy's demeanour. With a fierce expression on his face, the boy turns around.

"How dare you snatch Bhrata Dushasana's weapon?" While Vivinsati yells in anger, Dushasana's eyes fall on something peculiar.

A marquise shaped white gem rests on the boy's forehead. Dushasana smirks to himself as he recalls his Mamashree's remarks regarding the gemstone.

"Murkh Vivinsati!" [Vivinsati, you fool!]

Vivinsati stands still, taken aback. Why was his bhrata yelling at him rather than the boy in front of them?

"Saahas nahi, parantu shikshan. Guru ke putra aayu mein chote ho, tab bhi unhe jyesht bhrata yogy hai. Aisa mamashree ne kaha the. Aur yeh toh aayu mein bhi humse bade hai." Dushasana continues, and instantly Vivinsati understands his bhrata's words. [Not courage, but a teaching. Even if the son of the Guru is younger in age, he is eligible to be called older brother. Mamashree said so. And he is older than us even in age.]

Folding his hands in front of him, Dushasana bows his head slightly, with Vivinsati following suit. "Accept my greetings, friend."

The boy looks at the two princes, impressed. Standing from his spot, the man drops the sword, throwing it on the bed behind him.

"You seem cultured. I was afraid that I may have to force the princes of Hastinapur to change their attitude." Ashwatthama answers, clearly impressed by the two Princes.

Vivinsati's eyes keep travelling back to the gem on Ashwatthama's forehead. "What is the gem on your forehead?"

Vivinsati and Dushasana inwardly pray that they haven't offended their teacher's son by asking such a personal question.