Chapter six

Female company?

"I still beat you to the wave" coughed out a raspy voice. Everyone stared at the girl in shock, Nathan squeezing her hand as if to check this was all this real, while Haley and Will tried to contain their happy tears. "What happened?" RJ questioned as she started to realise they were no longer at the beach and the two adults whom they had ran away from were sitting either side of her bed.

Will let out a breath he didn't know he was holding his sister was awake and could talk, as he was about to answer but Nathan got there first as he started to comb the hair out the girl face, "you nearly drowned, they had to remove the extra water from your lungs."

RJ looked between the two adults, "not being rude but why are you here?" She uttered out with great struggle as she broke into a coughing fit. The James-Scott girl quickly got up and grabbed a cup of water to give the girl to sooth her throat, "they said your throat would hurt for a bit" she explained after letting RJ have a few sips of the liquid.

"Why wouldn't they contact us?" Nathan spoke up again from besides the girl, who just looked at him with a sad expression before she could say anything he continued, "we put in a form to adopt you both. What do you think we've been doing these last two weeks?" He questioned the duo looking between them.

This time it was Will world that had come crashing down on him, all his life he had been alone, he was a child born out of wedlock all the people in the heart family refused to have him and now stood in front of him a man who didn't have to care for him, whom he had run from twice along with nicking some of his clothes wanted to adopt him. Nathan saw the muddled looks cross the boys face and in fear of him leaving again, even though part of him new he would never leave RJ he stood up slowly and made his way to Will placing a hand on his shoulder, "I meant it when I told the doctors your my son."

Neither of the teens were people to show affection so when Will wrapped his arms and Nathan and hugged him tightly RJ knew in that moment they were no longer running not that she wanted to but if they had shown enough persistence to get Will to feel something to trust them well then she knew they were finally in good hands. Haley made her move to sit closer to Raven, slowly grasping at her hand making sure not to startle the girl, however when she didn't pull away Haley hanged on to it, "I could do with some more girls around the place you know?" Whispering to the young teen who cracked a smile looking at Haley before whispering back, "I could do with some female company too."

—————

NOW STARTING SEASON 5 or 6
Of one tree hill
Let me know which season you want