Chapter 21

There sat on one of the rows of chairs was the crazy drama teacher, the lady who saw something in Raven when she volunteered to sing with Brady

There sat on one of the rows of chairs was the crazy drama teacher, the lady who saw something in Raven when she volunteered to sing with Brady. The woman never disliked Raven, she just saw that the girl had more potential than what she was allowing herself, the girls head had been rammed with basketball, as if it was the only thing she could do. But once the teacher heard the girl sing, she knew there was more to her. If only the basketball player could see it too.

So sat in the auditorium looking over scripts and papers was Ms. Darbus. The basketball player let out heavy breathes as she calmed herself back down, "I know I'm not supposed to be here." Raven said as she wiped the sweat off her hands and onto her leggings.

"Aren't you?" The woman asked as she came to the front of the stage looking up at the basketball player, "nor should I be at this hour I suppose, but I am trying to rebalance a show in which Sharpay now plays the role of Mr Maybank. And the reason for your visit is?"

Raven looked around before putting her hands to the side of her taking a step back, "I don't know. I think I feel like this is a good place to..."

"Scream?" The teacher asked, "feel free?" It was as if she was answering the questions going on in Ravens brain.

RJ shrugged, "or just to think."

Ms. Darbus smiled fondly at the girl, "the stage can be a wonderful partner in the process of self-discovery. You seem comfortable up there." She told the girl.

"I do?" Raven asked with a small voice.

The drama teacher nods as she then looked towards the ground, "which is why I submitted an application in your name to Juilliard." The woman confessed.

"It was you." Rave stated now knowing why they were interested in her.

"Better to consider opportunities now than in ten years when life may limit your choices." The drama teacher told her as Raven went and sat on the end of the stage, "if I overstepped I apologise."

Raven looked at the woman with a face of innocence and confusion, she didn't think she was all that good, "no. no, I'm not mad." She started to play with the rings on her fingers, "I'm just confused."

"What a life in the theatre has taught me is to trust one's instincts." Ms. Darbus started, "and that takes courage. A quality you don't seem to lack." The woman said with a smile as she turned away from the girl, "last one out turns off the lights." She said as she walked away leaving the girl sat on the stage.

In the meanwhile in Stanford Brady was getting to grips at where he was going, the surfer boy had even changed his looks, he no longer had messed bleach blonde hair, he had dyed his hair brown and even had it tripped back. Things were changing.

The new day was rehearsals where Raven found herself on the stage yet again, this time Ryan was doing the choreography with her

The new day was rehearsals where Raven found herself on the stage yet again, this time Ryan was doing the choreography with her. As Raven had more upper body strength than Sharpay she would be taking on Brady role, "so, walk, walk. jump in." Ryan instructed as he stood where Sharpay would be as he guided Raven with his hands, "around the world and spin out. See? You got it."

"Your easier to dance with than her." Raven told him.

However not much else was said as the blonde bombshell herself butted in, "my turn." Sharpay took a hold on Ravens hand and made the pair of them walk back.

"Oh. Here we go. From the top." Ryan said, the two did the moves as Ryan said them, "walk, walk, walk, jump down. Around the world."

Just as he was speaking the sound of creaking could be heard, a large prop was falling down behind them, "heads up! Heads up!" Zeke shouted.

Sharpay screamed and latched on to Raven, Ms. Darbus assessed the situation, "all right, everyone. Let's just take five, all right? Take five." Before the woman turned around to Zeke and Jason, "you two. House up."

There was the sound of whistling that caught the basketball players attention, Raven looked down to see Kelsi, "hoops girl. Over here." Kelsi got up from her piano, "you look like you're having the time of your life." The pianist told the basketball player.

Raven leant against the props banister, "I'm messing up the dances. I'm messing up all the songs. I'm sorry." the girl apologised.

Kelsi shuck her head, "it's all of us. And all of us pretty much know why. If it wasn't for Brady, this musical would have been another "Sharpay show." The girl said as she did some jazz hands, "it will all be fine."

"Yeah." Raven said solemnly. The girl didn't know if it would all be fine.

That afternoon Raven and Will walked into the kitchen to see haley preparing food. Raven had a protective dress bag in her hand underneath it held her dress for prom, Brooke had just finished making it for her, "hey mama!" The girl said as she scared the woman.

Will went straight into the fridge to get a drink, "hi." Haley greeted her two children. She turned around to look at the protective dress bag in Ravens hand and knew it was her prom dress, the mom quickly unzipped the bag as Raven styled it against herself, "wow. Gorgeous! Brooke really out did herself."

Haley kissed the side of head, "yeah I'd like to take credit, but Brooke visualised the whole thing." The mother of the two then looked at Will to tell him that she has ordered the corsage that he wanted to give to Avery.

As the two were in the middle of a conversation Ravens phone went off, she quickly excused herself from the two, "hey! I just showed my mom the dress." She told him all cheery, as she jumped onto the counter side.

"We need to talk." Came a solemn voice.

It was safe to say it wasn't a good conversation as the two went separate ways. Things were changing quickly.