Chapter 15

It was game day

It was game day.

Raven was breathing heavy as the game commenced, cheers were going wild from the crowd everyone was their to support the Ravens, even little Lydia, Davis and Jude. However as the sweat fell down Ravens face all the girl could hear was the pound of the basketball, her own laboured breathing and her heart thumping. As every other sound became clear RJ first heard the fast ticking of the clock.

17:06
25 45
RAVENS PONTIACS
BONUS
POSS
PERIOD
2
FOULS FOULS
4 5

The score board read.

"Let's go!" Raven shouted to her group, she had been made Captain.

Her team chucked her the ball as she traveled down the court with it, before passing it to her teammate, he shouted that he was open, however the other team got the ball and score a basket, this was becoming difficult, "RAVEN! I'm open!" Someone from her team yelled as the girl had the ball.

"Set it up! All right, let's go! Let's move! Let's move!" Coach Bolton yelled to the group as they traveled back down the court.

Raven went to make a basket when the other team knocked her off the caught as she went to throw, the whistle went and it half time, Raven chucked the ball up the court in annoyance the other team was playing dirty.

"That concludes the first half of play in our final game, with the Pontiacs leading defending champion Tree Hills ravens 47 - 26 sixteen minutes remain in the game."

The group walk back into the locker room, all with there heads down, feeling deflated, Raven opened her locker and took out some tape for her fingers which had been badly bruised. Coach Bolton came into the room and looked at the girl first, she was his favourite player, because she beat all the odds, she made it onto an all boys team, she had the winning basket in the last years championship game, she was the first to arrive and would be the last to leave. If that girl had no hope, then none of them did, "All right!" The coach shouted out getting their attention, "no more X's and O's. Ok?" He told the group, "forget about the scoreboard because here's a number that matters. Sixteen. There's sixteen minutes left in this game, guys. There's only sixteen minutes left in the season." He then looked towards Raven and a few of the older players, "and for the seniors on this squad...guys...you've only got 16 minutes left in a Ravens uniform. So make them count." Everyone looked at each other, "sixteen minutes to be a team."

Everyone turned then to look at Raven who had Will and Chad next to her, "all right. Hey, guys." Raven said as they all looked at her, "now, you heard coach. We're all gonna remember the next sixteen minutes for a long time after we leave tree hill. So it's now or never." The girl looks at everyone who still didn't seem hyped yet, "chad?" The girl said as she tapped him.

"What team?" Chad yelled.

"RAVENS!" They all shouted back.

"WHAT TEAM?" Chad shouted even louder as the three made their way towards the front of the locker room.