Season 5 Ep4

It's alright Ma, I'm only bleeding

Sat round the breakfast table for the first time in a while Nathan and Jamie were arm wrestling each other, Jamie was beating him, "daddy can we play ball again? Now?" The youngest ask hopefully, only as Haley shook her head, "oh not right now sweetie maybe later."

"I wanna play everyday" Jamie said gleefully, as the two teens looked at each other that's what they were already doing, "he shoots, he scores, straight to the home players!" As Jamie rammed a orange into his cereal it spilling all over RJ text books, "ugh Jamie." She said we she quickly got out her seat to get a towel, hearing a 'sorry' back, RJ always found it hard to be angry at the 4 year old.

Haley sighing knowing that will have damaged her books slightly for now until Haley could by her some new ones, "Ok, guess we gotta stop leaving him with skills." Just as Carrie came round the corner to see the mess was also on Jamie, "come on, champ, there's a bath with your name on it." Picking him up and carrying him off. The two teens looked at each other thinking this would be a great time to leave Haley and Nathan to talk, slipping out the door before calling over the shoulders, "see ya later!"

In the gym shooting hoops had become a regular thing, as the rest of the group were practicing the one end RJ and Will were doing a one on one. As each other knew exactly what skills the other had it seemed fair to challenge them against each other, but what they didn't hear nor see was Nathan making his way into the gym. "Nathan Scott. Standing and looking good." Skills stated jokingly they all knew what he had been through, Nathan looked round at the boys throwing free throws, he hadn't yet acknowledged the two at the end of the gym, "how's it going?" He asked skills.

"You know. Everybody expecting us to turn this around this season, and only two of our players can actually play, so the pressure on." Skills informed the oldest Scott in the room, even though he still hadn't mentioned about the players whom could play were. "Well if anybody can do it, it's you and Lucas." Nathan admitted just as Skills said a 'true that' a kid came up to slam dunk but it bounced of the back board coming hurtling at a player who caught it, Skills sighing, "but we ain't miracle workers."

Lucas strolled in and saw a clean shaved, short haired Nathan standing up all on his own with the help of his crutches, "hey, little bro. You look great." As they did their handshake Nathan uttered out, "I feel terrible. I want to thank you for being there for Haley and the kids." But Lucas cut him of letting him not to worry about it.

Lucas deciding it was best to change the conversation, "so you here to teach these kids how to win a championship?" Still only looking at the ones playing closet to them, Lucas knew the teen Scott's were playing against each other the other end of the court, he could hear the rhythmic patterned of the ball and was surprised Nathan hadn't looked over yet, "I have an idea on where to start. Put Quentin back on the team." Lucas sighed and closed his eyes knowing exactly who was meddling, "Haley put you up to this." The oldest Scott said before looking down at his half brother.

Nathan thought back to when Haley helped him, helped his daughter and even brought Will into their family of three making them now a family of five, "she's got a thing for lost causes, and I watched the kid play, he's really good." Lucas turned to his brother arms out really to explain his side, "I'm not saying the kid doesn't have talent. The fact is I don't have time to coach him, or deal with his crap, or teach him how to play an unselfish game." Nathan understanding his points looked at Lucas, "ok what if I did?"

"You're going to come to practice?" Lucas inquired now thinking back to the teens that didn't want their dad finding out they were playing, Nathan did a little head nod, "every practice? Every day, five days a week?"

"If that's what it takes." Nathan told his brother whom looked round at all the players and then settled on the teens, Nathan followed his gaze. At the end of the court two teen Scott were playing one on one, both in the gym kit that matched the others, as RJ saw Will about to make a basket she jumped up and hit the ball against the back board stopping it, so many memories of him and Lucas playing together passed by his head, "alright. I'll do it for you, but not for him. Welcome back Nate. Also..." Lucas said as he looked back at the teens and then to Nathan, "don't be mad they didn't tell you."

Nathan hobbled over to his kids who were lost in the game, he could tell how much they enjoyed it that they weren't even aware of the world around them, he noticed RJ kit was a little more girl like we took in Brooke little handy work, clearing his throat the two looked at him and they went pale as a sheet, like a dear in headlights. Will dropped the ball and pretended to scratch the back of his neck, "so what's going on here?" Nathan asked his kids, Will was the first to speak up, "oh we were just messin about. Uncle Luke sometimes lets us after class."

Nathan knew they were lying so carried on the little game watching them squirm under pressure, "so you just so happen to have the warm up kit?" He asked the two as RJ looked own at her outfit sighing, "yeah you know can't get our clothes sweaty or...

Nathan knew they were lying so carried on the little game watching them squirm under pressure, "so you just so happen to have the warm up kit?" He asked the two as RJ looked own at her outfit sighing, "yeah you know can't get our clothes sweaty or anything." Shaking his head Nathan made his way between them beckoning them closer, "I know you made the team." He told them as they just sighed and looked to the floor, Will looked up to his adopted dad, "we just didn't want to rub it in your face." He explained their reasoning, RJ nodded in agreement and Nathan felt guilty he hadn't been their to celebrate their news on making the team, "well no more of that" Nathan told them, "I'll be at your practice everyday so you better work hard." Pointing a finger at the two making them laugh as they hugged him.

Their day continued being pretty boring, until gym practice rolled back round, travelling down the court, "four passes before your shoot. Four passes before you shoot!" Skills shouted out but yet again one player wasn't listening one they had just gotten back.

Quentin. "What you gonna do about that? Yeah that's right nothing." Quentin cheered himself on as he then turned to look at Nathan, "that's for you player." Winking at him and then running off, the game carried on and RJ had the ball it was her chance to throw and make a basket until Quentin came hurtling into the side of her knocking her onto the floor, landing harshly, "you sure a girl should be on the team?" He called out to Lucas, but as he was distracted RJ quickly got back up stolen the ball from him as he chased after her, she made a slam dunk, falling right back down in front of him, "yeah I think a girl should be on the team." RJ answered for Lucas looking Quentin dead in the face, Quentin smiled back and this time not a mean nor vindictive smirk but one of happiness, "call me Q I like you." He put his hand out to high five her which she did in return.

As night came round, the teens decided to stay in with Jamie as Haley and Nathan were going to Brooke store opening, clothes over bros.

Once Haley and Nathan were back they found Haley sat at the piano playing a song she'd helped a girl write who was signing with Peyton record label, they all stood round the door watching her play, Jamie came in to say night along with the teens, Haley sent them off to bed.