I'm Not Sorry

The next morning when Hattie woke up the sun was gleaming through her window.
"I have to tell Harry." She said to herself. It was early, no one in the dorm was awake. She quietly grabbed her clothes and made her way to the bathroom.
She dresses quickly and messily. Shirt still untucked, One shoe unlaced. But she didn't care. She left the slytherin dorm quietly before anyone could notice her absence.
"Good morning Potter." A drawling voice said as she exited the dorm portrait.
"Professor! Good morning." Hattie said, turning around with a smile. Snake looked her up and down.
"Ms. Potter. Are you getting enough sleep? You look..." and then he stopped talking. Leaving the sentence halfway from his mouth.
"I-I, yes, yes I have been sleeping. I had detention last night so I'm a little tired but I'll be fine tomorrow." Hattie said, stumbling over her rushed words.
"Alright. Go on then Ms. Potter. And tuck in that shirt." Snaps said, turning away and leaving. Hattie stood stunned. Snape rarely talked to anyone apparently. But this is the third time he's been this nice to her. She snapped herself out of her thoughts and started running towards Gryffindor tower. She was almost there when she ran into someone coming around the corner.
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to." Hattie said, quickly helping to pick up all the objects around her that had fallen.
"It's alright, I got it." The boy said, Hattie looked up. It was the boy with the toad from before. Longbottom or something like that.
"You're in Gryffindor right?" Hattie asked, handing him his books back.
"I am." He replied, a cheeky smile hiding behind his stack of, what seemed to be a stack of books about plants.
"Any chance you knew if Potter was awake yet?" Hattie asked, leaning against the wall.
"Harry? We share a room. I could get him for you if you'd like?" Longbottom offered.
"Actually that'd be great. I'm Hattie. Hattie Potter." She introduced herself.
"I know. Harry never shuts up about you." The boy said, turning around and wobbling back the way he came. Hattie followed silently after that.
"Is this the entrance?" Hattie asked, when the boy stopped at a painting of a fat lady on the staircase.
"It is. Plug your ears so I can go in? Can't give other houses the password. I think." Longbottom said, motioning plugging ears. Hattie oblidged, and he disappeared behind the lady.
"Oh, awful pretty you are. But a slytherin. Which boy have you stolen into your grasps?" The portrait asked Hattie when she unplugged her ears.
"I'm here to see my brother you hag." Hattie snapped. This painting was not very nice. It did however, shut up, and swing open.
"What do you want?" Harry asked, walking out of the portrait hole.
"To talk, alone. Ik not sorry. This is about something important that doesn't involve us fighting." Hattie said, circling her thumbs around each other.
"Ok. Follow me." Harry said after a few moments. Hattie did, and eventually they arrived at an empty classroom.
"So you had your detention with Filch right?" Hattie asked.
"Yes" Harry answered in a bored tone.
"Well I had mine with Hagrid, and he took me out to the forbidden forest. And he told me we were looking for a centaur that got hurt. So we split up and i cake across some regular centaurs that we're looking for the hurt one and they told me they knew who I was and that they heard about me in the stars which was kinda weird. And then they left and I walked further into the forest and I found the hurt one and I asked him how he got hurt. He told me that someone was in the forest attacking unicorns and drinking their blood to stay alive Harry. And they told me who it was." Hattie finished, breathing slightly.
"Who was it?" Harry asked, his face slightly pale.
"Voldemort." Hattie answered, her thumbs, circling and circling.
"What do we do?" Harry asked.
"I don't know. I'm 11 years old." Hattie answered, a very slight smile dancing on her lips. This is what it should be like with Harry. Not dueling.
"I have to go. But I'll find you later." Harry said, leaving the empty classroom. Hattie stayed. There was a layer of dust on each desk. And a large mirror hung up on the wall. She sat at the teachers desk, running her hands over the wood. Next she moved to the cabinet on the side of the room. It wouldn't open.
"Alahomora." She whispered, and the lock clicked open, she shoved her wand back in her robes. She pulled the old door open. Inside were what seemed like a couple of teenage boys personal artifacts. A black leather jacket much too big for her, with a faded name on the tag. A book about becoming an animagus, whatever that was. A compass, with a name carved in. Hattie picked it up. It looked, no, it felt, familiar. The name was hard to make out. P-R-G-S. But the letters were so spaced out they must had other letters between them. Hattie shoved it in her pocket. There was a lot of stuff in here. She found an expensive eagle clue that said 'worm tail' on it. Hattie didn't understand what that meant. Until she pulled a piece of parchment out of another book. This book was about quidditch. The parchment was pressed and old, but still readable. It read ;

Dear Lily,
I've loved you since the day I laid eyes on you. But you still refuse me. So I have a bet for you. If you go on a date with me, and you are unhappy. I will leave you alone for the rest of your life Evans. But, if you enjoy it, then you have to give me a second date. I think this is your best chance to get of me Evans. ;)
        Sincerely,
James Potter

Hattie slipped to the floor. These things, the compass, the book, it was all his. It was her father's things. His last forgotten mark in the world. Hattie remembered then that she had her book bag with her. Perhaps there was a spell to show the objects memory. She searches and searched through her books as long as she could, but she couldn't find one. So she decided to make one. Latin words with a specific wand movement. Hattie pulled all of the things out of the wardrobe and set the on the desk of the room in a circle.
"I don't know if this is gonna work but I'm gonna try." She said, placing her Latin to English translation book above the circle, and two personal spell books on either side. She pulled her wand out of her robe and held it over the circle. She very careful practiced the movement she has came up with, swish and tap on each item you are trying to see.
"ostende mihi praeterita" She swished her wand and tapped on the animagus book. Nothing.
"ostende mihi praeterita" she tried again, this time tapping on the eagle feather. Nothing. She leaned over to her spell book. Flipping through the pages. She stopped on one page. Personal artifacts of a witch or wizard hold their energy, their life force. Even after death these items are powerful.
What was that supposed to mean? Hattie stared down at the page for a little longer.
"What if I just need more energy?" Hattie asked herself, she quickly held her wand back over the circle. "ostende mihi praeterita" she said, and swish and tap, the book, tap, the feather, tap, the compass, tap, the jacket. Hattie closed her eyes, someone started talking to her.
"Padfoot, snivellus is pacing in his room again." A voice said from right behind Hattie. She opened her eyes. The classroom was clean. There were 4 boys inside, the one that spoke had his legs up on the desk as he read a map on a large piece of parchment.
"Moony, tell me when he does leave his room, eh?" The one called Padfoot said.
"Hello?" Hattie said, but they couldn't hear her.
"Say James, wouldn't it be fun to take a go at ole snivellus for fun?" Padfoot said, laughing. James turned to him.
"I'm quite busy today actually." He said, turning back towards a window. Hattie walked over to him.
"Doing what? Stalking Lily Evans?" Moony said, a smile on his scarred face.
"Exactly." James answered.
"Dad? Dad!" Hattie yelled. She hated him she truly did, but she just wanted to talk to him. But James didn't turn around. He did however, flip a compass out of his pocket. And etched into it was the name PRONGS. Hattie shut her eyes, and she was back in the empty classroom.