No, You're A Liar

"W-what?" Hattie said, her tongue drying out like a sponge in the sun. She felt like all her intestines were twisting together in her body.
"I'm sorry. I thought you would've known." Draco said, putting his hand on Hattie's, but she pulled away.
"I... I have to, um, finish... something." Hattie said, turning around and running out of the library. She ran for a long time, from what? She didn't know, but she ran anyway. After what seemed like hours but was probably only 20 minutes she finally realized where her feet had taken her. Back to the trophy room. Her hand left a dusty print on the case where her dad's trophies were. She decided in this moment, she would never make his mistakes. Never trust her friends, and never lose her family.
"Hattie?" A voice asked from behind her, when she turned around the white beard of Dumbledore met her eyes.
"Professor!" Hattie said, looking down. It was only then that she realized she was crying.
"What, may I ask, is wrong?" He asked, stepping to the side and walking closer to the case. He didn't need to look, he knew exactly what was in this case.
"I... well I was digging into my-my fathers past. I wanted to know what happened to them, who-who they were. I never got to know them. But I found out instead that my father was betrayed by his best friend." Hattie finished, a dark feeling started down in her stomach. But the more she thought about it, the more it grew. Until she was cold from her toes to her eyes.
"I see, Hattie Potter. I remember your father, and I remember Sirius Black. Just like it was yesterday. Actually, I'd like to show you something. Ms. Potter. Would you kindly accompany me to my office?" Dumbledore asked, he said it in a way that made Hattie feel like he knew so much she didn't. It made her curious. She nodded, and Dumbledore did something interesting, he held out his arm. Hattie looped hers in, and they went to his office.
"Licorice Wands." Dumbledore said as they approached the golden eagle. Hattie stepped onto the spinning staircase first.
"First, Hattie. Do you know what a pensieve is?" Dumbledore asked.
"No." Hattie lied.
"But it's in the book I gave you." Dumbledore said, making a tsk noise as he walked past Hattie. He pulled open a cupboard and revealed the magical object. "I know you read it already. So tell me what it is." He demanded.
"A pensieve is a magical object that witches and wizards can use to see and store memories they may not want others to see when using invasive mind charms." Hattie recited. Dumbledore nodded in satisfaction and started picking through the vials hanging around. He stopped ok a specific row, and pulled two bottles down. One had a silvery liquid inside, while the other was darker and seemed to be a more sludgy consistency. He uncorked the silver one first, and poured it into the pensieve.
"Come here child." Dumbledore said, motioning for Hattie to come, and she did. When she reached the corner, Dumbledore plunged both their heads into the water. It was cold at first, but then it was warm. She opened her eyes to the Hogwarts ground. Her mother's hair was the first thing she noticed, sitting out in the field with a girl. Hattie turned around to her dad walking right up to her. Sirius Black was at his right, Peter Pettigrew at his left, while Remus Lupin sat under a tree in the shade.
"Look there." Dumbledore said, pointing over to a black haired boy. It was Professor Snape. Her father was marching his way up to him. He immediately called out.
"What's going on?" Hattie asked, watching as her father laughed at the greasy haired little boy.
"James had his flaws when he was younger, he moved past them after he left hogwarts." Dumbledore said quietly. Then her father did something Hattie didn't expect, he flipped Snape upside down with a spell.
"He was a bully. I see where Harry got it from."  Hattie said, her voice cold and dry.
"I think that's enough." Dumbledore said, and both him an Hattie were standing back in his office. He used his wand to put the memory back in the bottle.
"Was he jealous? Of Professor Snape, I mean. He always liked my mother, according to the letter I found. And McGonagall told me Snape and my mother were friends." Hattie lied, she didn't want to tell the headmaster about her spell.
"Perhaps." Dumbledore answered, pouring the sludgy bottle into the pensieve. He motioned for Hattie and she stepped back up to it. She took a breath and they dunked their heads.
"It smells." Hattie said, sticking her tongue out. She was standing outside of a house. It felt oddly familiar. Snape stumbled out of the doorway.
"This is Godrick's Hollow. It's where you lived with your parents." Dumbledore sighed. Suddenly there were footsteps behind her. A slightly older Sirius Black ran into the house. Hattie went to sun after him but Dumbledore grabbed her arm.
"I want to follow him." Hattie said, pulling on his grip.
"This memory doesn't go in there, look." Dumbledore said, turning around. Hattie copied and saw Hagrid standing by a tree, he was crying. Just then, she heard babies crying behind her, Sirius had just come out of the house.
"Hagrid!" Sirius yelled, and Hagrid walked towards him.
"Sybil wasn' lyin', we couldn' done nothin' for 'em." Hagrid cried, Sirius was crying too.
"Take my bike, and take the twins to Dumbledore, he'll know what to do. Hagrid trust me, I didn't do this." Sirius said, handing over the babies and a key. Hagrid sniffled and turned around, the memory ended.
"B-but Malfoy told me Black went to prison after Peter Pettigrew was murdered. Why would he kill Pettigrew after his friends just died. Why is he lying to Hagrid." Hattie said, confused. She wanted to know the truth, and this wasn't getting her anywhere.
"I knew your father and his friends well. I watched them for many years, I helped them try and prepare when you two were born. You see, there was a prophecy, and there were two sets of twins born then. We prepared both families, we tried our hardest to protect you. So we had a secret keeper, one person who could say where James and Lily were. That was Sirius Black. But he was nervous, he felt that Voldemort would know it was him. So he proposed that they use someone less likely. They wanted to switch the secret keeper. But before they could something happened. Maybe Black just snapped. Maybe he didn't want to die." Dumbledore said, sitting down at his desk.