Classes And House Drama...

The next morning Hattie woke before anyone else. Her hair was tangled and her thin figure in Aunt Petunia's old nightgown made her look as if she'd come right out of a nightmare. Her brown eyes wide awake beneath the mane that was her hair. She sat in a bubble-like window that looked inside the lake. It was 3 am. She stared into the lake.

"Oh, sorry I didn't know anyone was awake." A voice said, making Hattie snap her head around to look.

"Who is it?" She said, looking around. She spotted a figure by the boy's stairs.

"Draco." The voice said, and Draco stepped out of the shadows. "Are you alright?" He asked, coming closer.

"Yeah, just never had a view before." She said, pulling her knees to her chest and wrapping her arms around them.

"Really, was your bedroom in the middle of your house or something? There's usually always a window in a bedroom." Draco said, confused.

"I don't think a closet has windows." Hattie said, still staring into the abyss of the lake.

"Oh." Draco said, looking down at his hands. Hattie looked over at him.

"It's alright. I'm here now, and I can look at the lake everyday until summer." Hattie said, smiling.

"You won't go home for the holidays?" Draco asked. Hattie laughed.

"I would never go back to the Dursleys by choice. And it's not home, it's a place where I live. A house. But it takes something special to make a home Draco." She said, putting a hand on his reassuringly, before looking back out at the lake.

"Yeah. I agree. Home can be kinda lonely sometimes, I mean... what good is a massive bedroom with no one to play in it with." Draco said, trying his best to understand.

"Yes." Hattie said.

"Why aren't you and Harry close? Usually twins are close." Draco asked. He sat on the other side of the window.

"Well, our Aunt and Uncle always kept us separated. Harry never really much liked me anyway. He probably hates me more now that I'm in Slytherin. I heard him and that Weasley boy talking about how bad Slytherins are. I actually begged the hat not to put me here, but now I'm glad it did." Hattie explained, smiling slightly.

"I see. Well Weasley definitely hates me, and your brother probably hates me too. Why don't we piss them off more by being friends?" Draco asked, smiling.

"Yeah, I think that's a great idea." Hattie said, laying her head on her knees with a smile. The two sat there like that, silent, for hours. Hattie stared out at the lake, Draco stared at her, and the lake when he thought she noticed.

"Morning Draco." Pansy said, coming down the stairs. "Ew. You look disgusting Potter. You should get dressed for classes, and brush that mane." Pansy said, laughing at the girl. Hattie stuck up her middle finger but went upstairs anyway. 

"Morning." Hattie said, walking into her dorm. She ruffled through her trunk until she found her mangy old brush, some clothes, and hair ties. She walked to the bathroom. After 25 minutes of brushing she put her hair into a high pony tail. She threw on a skirt and white button up from the uniform she'd bought. It was chilly so she threw on the vest too. She put on a pair of over-sized black boots Petunia had given her for working in the cold.

"Pansy, I'm going to wait for Hattie." Draco said, Hattie could hear from the stairs as she walked down quietly. She stopped, listening.

"What do you see in that reject, I'm much prettier than her, and I'm a REAL Slytherin, I didn't get here as a last resort. She doesn't belong here Draco, plus, she's a Potter. What would your father think?" Pansy whined, Hattie marched down the stairs.

"Real Slytherin eh? I'll show you a real Slytherin." Hattie said, punching Pansy straight in the face, kicking her in the stomach, then grabbing Pansy by the hair and slamming the pug face into her knee. At this point Pansy was screaming, and two older boys were hauling Hattie off.

"Jesus what is with you!?" One said.

"You're really light." The other said. They both let go.

"SHE HIT ME!" Pansy yelled.

"You insulted me! You deserved it. Am I a real enough Slytherin for you now?" Hattie said, Pansy shrieked furiously and came running at Hattie. Pansy punched Hattie back in the face. Hattie elbowed her in the nose, before punching her in the gut. 

"Ladies, ladies!" Another older voice said, and the two girls were both restrained by older Slytherins.

"You bitch!" Pansy snarled.

"Pug-faced toad!" Hattie yelled back. 

"Ugh!" Pansy grunted.

"Never, ever, say I'm not really Slytherin again." Hattie said, spitting blood at Pansy's feet with a sadistic smile.

"We're gonna let go now, don't hit each other again or we'll get Professor Snape." The boy holding Hattie said, slowly letting go.

"Hattie Potter." Hattie said, spinning around to face the boy.

"Marcus Flint." The boy said, shaking Hattie's hand. She smiled, turning on her heels and grabbing Draco's sleeve, heading to the Great Hall.

"I'm starving." Hattie said.

"Shouldn't we go to the nurse?" Draco asked, concerned.

"Nah, my Uncle's done worse. Let's go." Hattie said, pulling the boy along with her, a smile plastered wide on her face.

"Hattie, you have a black eye and you're bleeding from your mouth. What are people gonna think on your first day." Draco asked.

"Who cares? Besides, if you get into a fight on the first day then no one is gonna wanna fight you later." Hattie said, entering the hall and sitting in the same spot she and Draco did yesterday. She heard a few people whisper around her, but she ignored it and dug in to her food. 

"Wow, hungry aren't you?" Draco asked, Hattie just nodded. A few minutes later Pansy walked in, her lip was split, she had a black eye, her knuckles were bruised, and her nose was slightly purple. It was obvious who had won.

"Hattie Potter. Pansy Parkinson. Come with me." Snape said, pulling Hattie up by her collar as she followed, giving a thumbs up to Draco as she ran after Snape.