Train Ride With A Blonde

Hagrid told the twins who killed their parents, eventually. Harry took it very much to heart, and wanted tons of details. Hattie didn't speak for the whole conversation. And after, Hagrid took the twins to the train station. He left them on a crossing bridge to find the train themselves.

"Platform 9 3/4? But Hagrid there must be some mistake there's no such-" Harry started, but Hattie interrupted.

"He's gone Harry." She said, taking her brother's arm and heading towards the trains. Harry asked a trainmaster, but the man seemed not to understand and scolded Harry for 'pranking' him.

"It's the same year after year. Always packed with muggles, of course." A redheaded woman with a pack of children said, but one word peaked the twins interest.

"Muggles?" Harry said, following the family, Hattie on his heels. The woman began instructing her children in order, a pair of twins caught Hattie's interest. They joked with the woman, their mother. Hattie looked at Harry sadly, wishing they were close. She rubbed her eyes when the eldest disappeared into a wall, then the twins.

"Excuse me! Could you tell me how to, how to um..." Harry said suddenly, not knowing how to ask.

"How to get on the platform? Yes, not to worry, dear. It's Ron's first time to Hogwarts as well. " She pointed to the youngest boy. "Now, all you've got to do is walk straight at the wall between platforms 9 and 10. Best do it at a bit of a run if you're nervous." She explained. Harry went first. Hattie clenched her fist as he went through the wall.

"Good luck." A redhead girl, perhaps a year younger than Hattie, said.

"Your turn dear." The redhead woman said, and Hattie did. Shutting her eyes as she went through the wall. She opened her eyes to see a scarlet train, and Harry a few feet from her.

"Harry!" Hattie says, smiling.

"Hattie." Harry says back, marveling the train.

"Wow." Hattie says, coming closer to the train.

Timeskip to Inside the Train

"Hattie, maybe you should sit somewhere else, so we can um... socialize with other people?" Harry said. Hattie knew he was trying to get rid of her. She smiled.

"That's a great idea Harry." She said, leaving him to find a compartment on his own. She found a nearly empty compartment, with a blonde boy staring out the window. She opened the door.

"Hi." The boy said.

"Hi. Mind if I sit?" Hattie said, the boy nodded.

"Go ahead." He said, gesturing to the empty seats. Hattie smiled, sitting in one of the seats.

"What's your name?" Hattie asked, tilting her head at the boy. His hair was slicked back and he was bundled in a scarf that covered part of his face.

"Draco Malfoy." The boy said, holding out a hand. Hattie shook it. "Yours?" He asked.

"Hattie. Hattie Potter." Hattie said, and the boy's eyes widened.

"Potter? You're Harry Potter's twin?" The boy asked, Hattie nodded.

"The one and only, but he ditched me and told me to find a compartment on my own." Hattie said, she wasn't speaking ill of him, only telling facts.

"Wow. What an arse." Draco said, smiling. "Glad to see you aren't like him." He added. Hattie smiled.

"Yeah." Hattie replied. The two talked for another twenty minutes or so, until two other people joined their compartment. A girl who looked similar to a bulldog, who was very angry for some reason, and a dark skinned boy who dressed as if he had a million bucks just lying around.

"Who's this?" The bulldog girl said.

"Hattie Potter." Hattie said, holding out a hand, which the girl didn't take.

"Pansy Parkinson." The girl said, and crossed her arms.

"Blaise Zabini." The boy, the one who dressed nice, said. He shook Hattie's hand. Hattie stayed quiet for most of the ride. The three others talked amongst each other, they already knew one another, so there wasn't much for Hattie to say. After a few hours and a few snacks from the trolley, the boys left the compartment so everyone could change into their robes.

"Pfft." Pansy scoffed when she saw the giant socks and ratchet clothes under Hattie's sweater. Hattie ignored it. She proceeded to giggle when Pansy took her shirt off. The two considered it even. The boys returned and the four giggled, talking about what house they'd be in, after they explained houses to Hattie of course. Until they arrived at hogsmeade village.