Detention?

"Detention Ms. Potter! And you too Mr. Potter! Weasley, what happened here!" McGonagall said, casting a spell to fix Ron's jelly legs, and one to dry Harry off as well.

"Well... Harry wanted to confront Hattie about spending time with Malfoy. So he did. And they argued a little bit. She told me to shut up. And the they started dueling. I tried to help because she's obviously way better than us at this. And she jelly-legged me! And then she used a spell to get Harry's wand, and she gave it to Peeves, then Hattie got Harry all wet, and then you came out of there." Ron explained, I gave him a glare.

"A first year duel? What were all the spells that Ms. Potter used?" McGonagall asked Weasley.

"Well, I don't exactly know Professor." Weasley said, and the Professor turned to Hattie.

"Well Professor, I used Tittalando, the tickling charm, and Protego, the shielding spell, then Locomotor Wibbly on Weasley, then Expelliarmus on Harry to take his wand, and when he came at me I used Aguementi at his face." Hattie explained, sinking a little in her chair.

"Those are fairly advanced spells Ms. Potter. Come with me to Dumbledore's office. Mr. Potter, Mr. Weasley, you will meet Filch in the trophy room at 11. Now run along." McGonagall said, and the two boys did, muttering to each other the whole way. Hattie followed McGonagall.

"Ms. Potter, where did you learn these spells?" McGonagall asked.

"I saw them in my books, and they were easy once I read them. I even threw in a couple different ways to cast them. I bought a lot of books..." Hattie said, slightly embarrassed as she realized how many books she had. 

"You are casting spells way beyond your year Ms. Potter. If all goes well I'd like you to stay in classes for one more week and then be tested to go into your second year." McGonagall said, stopping at a golden statue and saying the name of a candy Hattie did not recognize.

"Woah." Hattie said, stepping after McGonagall onto the spiraling staircase.

"Wait here." The Professor said, going into the office as Hattie waited by the door. She couldn't hear anything while she stood there. She hoped Dumbledore would say no, this could label her as more of a freak. But she also had a hunger to learn, to prove herself. She wasn't evil, or a murderer.

"Come in." Dumbledore called, and the doors opened. Hattie walked in, quietly marveling the greatness of the office.

"You have a truly beautiful office Professor." She said, stepping closer to the desk Dumbledore stood behind.

"Thank you, Ms. Potter. I've heard you are quite beyond your fellow students in magical skill?" He questioned, Hattie nodded.

"Yes Professor." She added.

"Would you like to demonstrate?" Dumbledore asked. Hattie's eyes lit up.

"On what sir?" She questioned, and Dumbledore pulled his wand out. Wordlessly casting a spell.

"Protego!" Hattie said calmly, blocking the spell. "Obscuro!" She added, watching a black blindfold slip over the Professor's eyes. "Expelliarmus!" She called finally, catching the wand in her left hand.

"Impressive." Dumbledore said, pulling the blindfold off. Hattie handed him his wand back and he took it carefully, as if it were going to explode at his touch.

"You didn't have to go easy on me you know." Hattie said, looking down at her feet.

"I didn't. You have quite the reaction time Ms. Potter." Dumbledore said, but Hattie didn't believe him. She nodded slightly anyways.

"Thank you Professor." She said, stepping back slightly.

"Albus, never in my many years at Hogwarts have I seen a student ever challenge you. Let alone beat you!" McGonagall said, a smile on her face. Dumbledore smiled as well.

"Very well Ms. Potter. Your exams are next week. You are not to tell anyone until your exams are finished, understand?" Dumbledore asked.

"I understand, Professor." Hattie said, hiding her own smile.

"Very well, off to dinner, I must discuss with your Professor here." Dumbledore said, and Hattie obliged, quickly exiting the office and running to the Great Hall. She sat down giddily next to Draco who had, as promised, saved her a seat.

"Bloody hell Potter, Harry said you were being expelled!" Fred said, passing by on his way to the Gryffindor table.

"I'm not being expelled I can assure you, just a mighty Detention." Hattie said, smiling as the red head winked and walked away.

"What's that about?" Draco asked, pulling slightly on Hattie's sleeve.

"Got into a duel with Harry, caught by McGonagall." Hattie answered, shoving food onto her plate.

"Did you win?" Blaise Zabini asked, leaning over the table in awe.

"Well of course. My brother may be the Golden Gryffindor but he's muck for brains Zabini." Hattie replied, now shoving the food on her plate into her mouth.

"Of course you've gone and got into two fights already Potter." An 2nd year Slytherin sneered. She was sitting by Pansy.

"Shall I get into another? You seem to be a good pick." Hattie asked back, a smirk on her face when the girl backed down.

"Careful there Potter, people could mistake you for a Gryffindor." The Slytherin quidditch captain, Marcus Flint, said from behind her.

"Flint! Don't worry I'll make a great beater for you one day if I keep fighting." Hattie said, smiling. Flint smiled before taking his seat a few feet down from Hattie and her friends.

"An owl during dinner? Strange." A voice said, and Hattie was surprised when it landed right in her pumpkin juice. 

"Ugh." Draco said, rubbing a napkin over his soaked robes. Hattie untied the message and sent the owl off to wherever it had come from. 

Detention, Hagrid's Hut, 11 pm. Wear warm robes.

"Detention? Oh right, I forgot about that." Hattie said, folding the note into her pocket and starting back on her dinner. Watching with delight as her pumpkin juice refilled.