What was that?

Hattie was now sitting in her transfiguration class, which she already knew the material for. So she was thinking about the empty classroom she had found, absentmindedly she stroked the compass in her hand. She saw her father, her father and, who? His friends? They must be! But what if they're still alive? The only people who might tell her just who her parents were. Not about what they did. She decided she would ask McGonagall. The lady did work here for a very, very, long time. She must've known James Potter. So Hattie sat there, and waited for the last class to finish. It seemed like hours, but when it finally did she packed up her stuff slowly until the room was empty.
"Do you need help? Mrs. Potter?" Professor McGonagall asked, walking towards Hattie.
"Actually Professor, I hoped I could ask you a question?" Hattie asked, shoving the last piece of parchment into her bag.
"Well what is it?" She asked, looking down at the little girl in front of her.
"Did you know my father, Professor? I found something of his in the castle and I just wondered-" Hattie started, but the Professor cut her off.
"Of course I knew your father. Your mom too. Come with me." McGonagall said, walking out of the classroom. She led Hattie down several corridors until they reached the trophy room.
"Why are we in here?" Hattie asked, confused.
"Well, your father likes to show off." McGonagall said, blowing dust off one of the display cases. "His awards are in here." She added.
"Professor? Can I show you something?" Hattie asked, pulling her wand out. McGonagall nodded.
"ostende mihi praeterita" Hattie said, tapping her wand on the case, and then on 3 trophies she saw next to each other with the word James Potter etched into them. Suddenly there was a lot of noise.
"POTTER! YOU'VE DONE IT! WE GOT THE CUP!" A voice shouted, cheering. McGonagall and Hattie opened their eyes inside the memory.
"GO POTTER!" A voice yelled.
"POTTER! POTTER! POTTER!" A small group of 3 boys chanted. Hattie recognized them from the previous memories.
"McGonagall. Who are they?" Hattie asked, pointing to the boys.
"Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew and... Sirius Black. Your father's best mates. And there's your mother and Professor Snape." McGonagall said, turning Hattie away from the boys. But McGonagall continued to stare. Those poor boys.
"Why are my mother and Snape together? How do they know each other? Is that why Snape is so nice to me? No it can't be!" Hattie asked quickly, not giving anyone enough time to think let alone answer.
"Shhhhhh! Cmon everyone calm down!" A voice giggled from the direction of the first display case. Hattie'a head snapped over faster than lighting. It was James Potter, standing in his quidditch uniform.
"Oye James! You old brute you always have to win huh?" One of the boys from before said, throwing his arm over James's shoulder.
"That ones Sirius. Your father and him were the closest." McGonagall said with a strained voice, as if she was in pain. But Hattie was too mesmerized.
"Is he still alive?" Hattie asked.
"Yes."
"Can I see him? I want to talk to him! He knows my father he can tell me everything."
"No."
"Wh-what?" Hattie stuttered, she was not expecting a no.
"I said, no. Now go freshen up and tie your shoes before breakfast." McGonagall said, and the spell dropped. The trophy room was empty again. McGonagall turned and left.
"Sirius Black.... Hmmmm." She whispered, doing the opposite of what the Professor had told her and going to the library. There had to be something there. She wasn't there for very long before Draco found her.
"Hello." He said. Hattie looked up at him.
"Hello. How did you find me?" She asked.
"Pansy said you weren't in your room. So I checked every place until I got here." He shrugged.
"Okay. Wanna help?" Hattie asked. Draco nodded and hopped into a chair next to her.
"Why are reading pure blood family registries?" Draco asked.
"I'm trying to find someone." Hattie stated bluntly.
"Who?" Draco asked with a smirk, as if he'd have the magic answer.
"Sirius Black." Hattie said dryly. But Draco's face turned dark and his eyes had widened.
"Why?" He asked.
"He was my fathers best friend. I want to know what happened to him." Hattie said, and Draco pulled his chair closer.
"Hattie, 10 years ago, on Halloween, Sirius Black was taken into the custody of the Ministry for Magic and has been in wizard prison Azkaban the whole time." Draco said, looking down at his fingers.
"Well, why is he in prison?" Hattie asked, confused.
"Well my dad was the one who told me about it. He said it was a horrible mess. But the way the story goes, James and Lily Potter were already dead and their twin babies disappeared. Sirius Black had been the only one that could speak the name of their hiding place. Their secret keeper. So after their deaths one of their friends, Peter Pettigrew, went to confront Black. After being confronted, Sirius Black turned around and killed 12 muggles and dearest Peter Pettigrew, and all they could find left from the guy after was a finger. So they took Black up there to rot with the dementors." Malfoy finished, taking a drop breath when he finished.