Chapter 8

Hana continued to make twists and turns through the hallways. She assumed the villain within the walls has been captures noticing that the building was no longer moving. She was coming close to the location when the wall was broken through a few feet in front of her. She saw Deku and Mirio coming out with the girl. She winced at the sight of Mirio's current state. He was beaten and bloodied.

"Deku! Mirio!" She called out running their direction.

"Hana!"

She caught up with them and held Mirio up.

"It's...okay. I can stand I'm my own. I'll get blood on you." Mirio said with a weak voice.

"Mirio you're badly wounded. You can barley stand on your own. Where's Nighteye?" Hana asked looking around.

"He's over th-

Deku froze and stared off in one direction. Hana followed his gaze. The world around her had stopped. Her heartbeat increased. Her breath became shaky. Her body became weak as she witnessed Nighteye being impaled by the cement.

"MIRAI!"

Deku had blocked Overhauls quirk and turned to them.

"Mirio, take Eri!" Mirio nodded and started to head into the hallway with her.

"Mirio no! You can't go by yourself!"

"I can still stand! I'll make it! But you stay. Please...please don't let sir get killed!"

Hana stood back watching Mirio limp out. She worked her way around Deku and Overhaul and ran to Mirai. She used his support item to smash him off the spike. She wanted to remove the one impaled in his stomach, but that would be painful for him and he could bleed out to death. Once he was slumped down Hana kneeled beside him with tears perking the corner of her eyes. She held his face making him look at her.

"Mirai! Please, look at me. Look..... you're going to be okay."

Nighteye didn't say anything at first. But instead he softly brushed the hair out of her face.

"I'm.....alright. As long as you're okay....I'm okay."

Hana had tears streaming down her face until she saw Overhaul coming up behind her fast. She held Nighteye closer prepared to take the blow, but it never came. Deku had stood between them and tried to go for his head but missed. Deku was impaled in his leg by another spike.

"Deku!"

Hana saw Overhaul with a mouth on the palm of his hand as it spoke.

"Someone else is about to die because of you! Is that really what you want?! ERI!"

Moments later, a small voice was heard from the other side of the room as Eri appeared out of hole.

"No Eri! Go back!" Hana yelled.

"You have to stay with Lemillion Eri!" Deku said.

"Eri. Look at him injured and alone you don't really think he can defeat me do you?" Overhaul asked.

"No I don't." Eri spoke softly. Helplessly.

"Leave her Chisaki! You'll take me instead!"

"Oh? What makes you think you have the same potential as her?" Overhaul turned to Hana.

"I have quirk mutations. 3 of them. Putting all my quirks together should make something powerful don't you think? And besides, she just a little girl. Sooner or later she'll be all used up."

"What...are you d-doing?" Nighteye spoke.

"Fine then. I'll just take the both of you!"

Before she knew it. Ryuku busted through the roof and came crashing down.

"Nighteye!"

Hana looked to her right and saw two young girls running towards them.

"Don't worry miss, we'll get him to the surface and into an ambulance!" The one in pink patted her shoulder.

"We won't let him die here, ribbit." The other said.

"Wait, what happened?" Ryuku said.

Hana looked up and noticed Deku and Eri were no where to be found.

"Where's Deku?" The pink one asked.

"Not good!"

"You needn't worry." Nighteye spoke. "You four are safe.... At least for the time being. He's not going to target any of us. He'll head to the surface, for Midoriya and Eri. And then he'll kill Midoriya. And escape." Hana looked at him. His eye was purple. He saw his future.

"No." Hana whispered

"We can't let him-

The young girl collapsed before finishing her sentence.

"No, given the condition were in. You cannot stop him, I'm sorry."

"That's.... That's not true!" Hana said. "There's no future except the one you create!"

The girl stood up and used her quirk to lift up some of the cement and herself. Nighteye sent the girl in green, Froppy, to go get Mirio while he asked the two others to take him and Hana to the surface.

Once at the surface Hana saw Deku in the sky coming to the ground with a yellow glow around him. He came to the ground with Eri on his back standing face to face with Overhaul.

"But...I saw it. I saw Chisaki succeed, and Midoriya loose his life. I saw it so clearly. But this is new."

Hana hugged Nighteye closer to her with tears still in her eyes.

"Perhaps... that means the future can be changed. That it isn't set in stone like we thought it was." Hana said. She felt Nighteye go a little more limp in her arms.

"M-Mirai?" Hana looked at him as he placed one hand on her cheek.

"Don't worry about me. You know that's my job. You're job now....is to keep living for me."

"D-Don't say that! I won't let you die! You can't...you... can't." Hana said started to get emotional again.

Finally some medics and police men were coming over with a gurney. The battle was over. They've won. They took Nighteye from her and loaded him onto the gurney. They loaded him in an ambulance while a medic suggested she be checked out at the hospital to. She was put in another ambulance and rode to the hospital.

"Will Nighteye be okay?" She asked one of the medics.

"I'm not entirely sure. He has a major wound, and his pulse is dropping fast. But we'll make sure this isn't his end. You two are in a romantic relationship right?"

"Uh... yes. How did you know?"

"The emotions a person feels for another says a lot. I saw a lot of love for you in his eyes. So we'll do our best to keep him alive for you, and everyone else."

Hana softly smiled.

"Thank you."