16 | beauty and the beast

barely even friends

then somebody bends, unexpectedly

just a little change

small, to say the least

both a little scared

neither one prepared

Beauty and the Beast

The next few days flew by peacefully. My routine consisted of waking up for kitchen duty followed by training, before helping prepare dinner. Some evenings I hung back and helped Ma clean after dinner, and others I spent in Uncle Eddie's room, helping him learn new spells and potions.

Let's just say I was his first and only test subject for these kinds of things, and over the years I had experienced some very unpleasant situations when his experiments failed miserably.

I hadn't seen much of Alpha Rowan either, aside from his occasional appearance at training, which was nice. However, his wolf still came to my room every now and then, and if I was being honest, I really enjoyed his company.

The nights were getting weird though. Either my ear's were playing tricks on me or there was actually a woman screaming on a random occasion.

"Skittle, would you be so kind as to pass the jar of gorgon blood?"

With distaste, I picked up the container of a dark red, almost black, liquid.

"That better not be for anything I might possibly have to drink," I said with a slight gag.

"Oh hush," Uncle Eddie waved his hand at me. "I must concentrate!"

Zipping my lips with my fingers, I motioned at the door and quietly slipped out.

I made my way to the dining hall and helped myself to some lunch. Taking a seat at one of the empty tables, I let out a sigh as I took a bite of my sandwich. Uncle Eddie entered the hall a moment later, and settled down in front of me with a tray of food.

"Quite different from our old pack, ah Reya? I can't remember the last time we ate in their bum of a dining hall like this," he mused, slurping up a spoonful of soup.

"I guess so," I shrugged. "I definitely don't feel like gutting the entire kitchen staff, that's for su- "

"Reya, was it?" a sickly, sweet voice interrupted me.

I looked up to see Serena standing beside my table, with two other girls behind her.

"Can I help you?" I asked warily.

"I just wanted to let you know that we've figured out your little secret," she smiled at me.

My heart almost stopped as my mind began racing about what she could've known, but I managed to calmly take a sip of water.

"Oh really?" I asked cooly. "Enlighten me, please."

"Carla saw you and the Alpha a couple nights ago," Serena nodded to one of the girls. "You really think you can fuck your way out of being an Omega?"

I let out a cough as I nearly spat out my water. "I'm sorry, what?"

"I don't know who you're trying to fool, perhaps your old daddy over here, but we can all see past your innocent act - you're nothing but a little whore who's climbed in bed with the Alpha," Serena seethed.