9 | questions

girl i got a question for ya

can i get an answer

Taking a seat in the van, I glanced over at the men that had shoved me in it not-so-nicely as they settled into the front seats.

They were both heavily built, with arms the width of trees, and had beards that were in desperate need of conditioner. Both were about mid-40s with veiny foreheads and permanent frowns plastered across their faces. Despite those similarities, the rest of their features were distinct enough that they were unlikely to be related.

One of them, however, had a long scar running down the side of his arm, almost the length of a ruler. It seemed as if the flesh had been torn apart and sewed back together hastily, as the line had numerous jagged edges running down its length.

I studied the side of his face. He had tanned, olive skin and dark brown hair. His chocolate brown eyes were trained in front him, and his nose was slightly crooked. He looked like he had seen his fair share of battles. Though I didn't recognize him, there was something about him that I was immediately drawn to and I couldn't quite figure out what it was.

"Sooo," I drawled, deciding to finally speak up. "Where are we going?"

Silence.

"Are we going to the famous Shadow Pack headquarters?" I continued.

More silence.

"Oh come on!" I exclaimed. "There's no point in secrecy, I'm going to find out sooner or later. Might as well save me the suspense."

Still nothing.

Huffing, I blew my hair out of my face. "Why isn't Alpha Eastwood in this car?" I tried again after a moment. "Is he scared of me?"

The silence only screamed louder.

Sighing, I settled back into my seat and decided to look for a way out. Scanning both backdoors, I held back a growl when I saw there were no handles.

No wonder they didn't bother sitting in the back with me. There's no way to even open the door.

My hands were still shackled behind my back and my ankles had been tied together too. Even if I were to find a way out, I wouldn't be able to get out of the chains fast enough to do it.

Throwing my head back, I stared at the beige ceiling until I dozed off into an angry nap.

~*~

"HA!" I woke up screaming, jerking my knee up when I felt hands on my feet.

A sickening crack was heard nanoseconds after.

Scrambling to sit up, I opened my eyes to see scar-arm dude standing there with pure fury blazing in his eyes, as blood trickled out of his nose that I had bent even more.

I blinked at him. "You did that without warning so I am not sorry."

"Out," he spat harshly through clenched teeth.

Deciding not to piss him off further, I unattractively scooted out of the car, almost falling in the process.

Before I could even take in my surroundings, a blindfold was aggressively tied around my eyes before hands shoved me forward.

"Hey!" I yelled. "There was no need for that!"

The man kept his hand on my back as he guided me in whatever direction we were going. Breathing in the air, I grew disappointed when I didn't catch the scent of my annoyingly handsome mate, indicating he hadn't been anywhere near them.