10 | scream & shout

I wanna scream

and shout

and let it all out

It seemed that someone had forgotten about the whole "finish me off tomorrow" part because no one had come to me in three days. One girl brought me some bread and water, but she wouldn't speak to me no matter how hard I tried.

I had been sleeping as much as I could, in an attempt to heal myself and conserve my energy. By now, I was fully recovered and despite the minuscule nutrition I received, I had still regained enough power to do a wicked amount of damage on whomever tried to hurt me.

The confusion of my mate still whirled around in the back of my mind, but I had done my best not to dwell on something I couldn't make sense of. Instead, I had been focused on how I would get out of this place.

So far, I had come up with the brilliant idea of ...

Improvising.

Yep. That was my grand plan at the moment. Go with the flow.

I had to stop myself numerous times from having a panic attack; being in the basement cell had brought back heaps of unwanted memories that I kept reliving.

On the bright side, it seemed that Uncle Eddie had figured out where I was located. He had even sent me a tiny vial of my scent-masking perfume and I was incredibly thankful. The spray had started to wear off, and I was lucky he sent it before the girl came around to give me food and noticed. I assumed he was making arrangements for where we would go before he came to get me. But I wanted to get out before that happened - I didn't want to put him in a position where he could get hurt.

My eyes however, were becoming severely irritated from the contacts that I had been forced to continuously wear for the past three days and it was driving me mental.

After what seemed like an eternity, I heard the sound of distant footsteps descending down stairs. They were heavier than the girl's, so I knew it was someone else. It wasn't my mate either, judging by the lack of his scent. A pack warrior maybe?

I pushed myself into a sitting position, propping my back up against the wall. The same two men that had driven me here came to my cell. Scar-armed guy just stared at me with a scowl on his face, while the other one jerked his head, indicating for me to get up.

"Alpha wants to see you."

My brows furrowed as I cautiously stood up.

"Why?" I asked, walking towards him.

"Didn't say," he grunted out, motioning for me to turn around.

I spun so my back was facing him. His hands grabbed my wrists through the bars as he handcuffed me, before opening the cell door.

Was this it? Was the Alpha going to try to kill me?

As I exited the cell, he began walking away, while scar-armed guy followed behind me. Leading me back to the basement stairs, they placed a blindfold on me before bringing me out.

Once again, I trailed along with them as they dragged me to another unknown destination. Finally, we came to a stop and I heard one of them knock on a door.

Based on the scent around me, my mate was most definitely on the other side of it.

After a moment, I heard the door open and scar-armed dude shoved me through. The blindfold was yanked off my head, leaving my hair in a disgruntled mess. I heard the click of lock as my handcuffs were removed, freeing my arms.