1 | don't you worry child

there was a time, I used to look into my father's eyes

in a happy home, I was a king I had a golden throne

those days are gone, now the memories are on the wall

 i hear the sounds from the places where I was born

A green cloud hit me in the face when I walked through the front door.

"What the hell?" I muttered, wiping some of the soot off my face. Great. My favourite sweater was now stained green.

"Uncle Eddie," I yelled, shutting the door behind me. "Have you been experimenting again?"

Footsteps thudded down the stairs as Uncle Eddie came running into the living room. He was covered in the mystery gunk from head to toe. The blonde of his hair was no longer noticeable as it was now dyed a shade of emerald green, sticking up in little spikes. It looked sort of like grass that had yet to be mowed. I was surprised he could even see, as his goggles were painted green, save for a small dot on each side where I assumed he wiped a bit off in an attempt to avoid being completely blind.

"You're home already?" he panted between heavy breaths. "I thought you'd be out until after dinner at least."

I set my bag down on the tattered couch. It was made of brown leather, but worn out beyond the point of return. Everything was battered and old in our tiny cottage.

We lived in a small, two story cottage, located in the forest near the intersection point of three packs. We were part of the Lunar Pack, but we decided to live as far away from the pack house as possible. Not many pack wolves ventured out to our area during for fear of running into members of others pack - there was no knowing what would happen if you encountered someone from another pack.

Rules were no longer enforced as much since the Reds came into power, giving werewolves the freedom to do almost anything without fear of consequence. They were a pack of rogue wolves that operated differently from a traditional werewolf pack. While they all reported to an Alpha, they were able to go about their own business most of the time, doing whatever they wanted.

Rogues were already more wolf than human, with savage animal instincts, lack of remorse, and a thirst for blood. The Red Pack was essentially a group of rogues that did whatever they pleased, only coming together and submitting to their Alpha in order to carry out sadistic plans.

Example #1: The murder of my family.

As a result, murder, rape, and kidnapping rates increased alarmingly in the last few years. Therefore, the safest place was within your pack. However, even then, almost all pack Alphas were under control of the Reds.

Since we were surrounded by three pack territories, wolves came around our corner even less because the possibility of running into a werewolf from another pack was doubled. Border patrols had also become weaker, as pack warriors now did their runs closer to the pack houses.

It was a perfect spot for us.

Our location gave us privacy. Uncle Eddie had casted a few protection spells to further ensure that no one would find out our secret.

Well, two secrets. One: That I, the Princess, was still alive. Two: That Uncle Eddie wasn't really a werewolf.

"I heard talk that some Reds would be coming in tonight, so I thought I'd come back and get prepared before kitchen duty." I pulled an apple out of the fridge. "So what were you hoping to achieve with that green explosive?"