Cuddles Now, Lectures Later

Tws: Mentions of blood and injuries, I think that's about it but tell me if I missed anything

No ship, just team ZIT hurt/comfort.

Zedaph ignoring every existing lab safety rule, yet again.

It was a sunny, beautiful day, so naturally, Zedaph was cooped up inside doing science.

To his credit, he had been outside today. Impulse had been showing him and Tango around his factory when Zedaph suddenly got an idea for a new invention. He called out quick goodbyes to his two best friends and left immediately, rocketing through the air at breakneck speeds.

When he finally arrived at his laboratory, he started working, seeing if he could make a machine that slowly made a piston extend a little bit at a time instead of all at once.

After a couple of hours of brainstorming and building, he finally had something ready to test. He put the machine together carefully and pulled the lever.

Nothing seemed to happen.

Zedaph sighed and moved in front of the piston to see if anything was jamming it. The moment he stepped in front of it, though, the piston shot forwards and pinned him against the wall. He blacked out for a second and when he regained sight, the world was spinning around him. He felt a trickle of blood run down the back of his head. That couldn't be good.

The machine made a click, and the piston inched forwards a little.

The gravity of his situation finally hit him. He was stuck. Trapped between a piston and the hard concrete wall behind him. Zedaph shifted uncomfortably in a failed attempt to relieve the crushing pressure in his lungs. He heard a click and a couple of gears whirring, and braced himself the best he could for what would come.

The piston creaked a little as it slowly pressed him further against the white concrete. Zedaph let out a cry of pain, tears springing into the corners of his eyes. He felt liquid trickling down his hands and looked down to see that his nails had dug into the palms. He needed help, he needed to get something, someone.

His communicator.

He reached for it in his pocket, only to find nothing there. Zedaph looked around frantically and saw it laying a few feet away from him.

He struggled to get to it, reaching his arm out as far as he could, his fingers barely brushing against the small device. He let out a frustrated sigh and tried wiggling further towards the communicator. The piston pressed painfully against his ribs, but if he could just get to his communicator...

He cried out in pain as the piston moved forwards again. If he could only get to his communicator, he could ask for help.

The pain was starting to make Zedaph's head spin, or maybe that was the blood loss, he didn't know.

In a moment of unexpected clarity, Zedaph realized that he could reach his communicator if he pulled it closer with his foot first. He took the deepest breath he could with a piston smashed into his ribs, and stretched.

He screamed in pain and blacked out, but when he came to, he was holding his communicator. He smiled weakly, clutching it to his battered chest before opening it up and typing a message in the chat.

<Zedaph> helo

<Iskall85> Hallo to you too!

<ZombieCleo> o/

<Zedaph> no

<Zedaph> helpp

<Zedaph> hury