Robotics Club (Tangaph)

Tws: Lil bit of swearing, but its just once and its not a terrible word.

Also Impulse in this is ace/aro, so there is absolutely no shipping of him.

Tango took a deep breath. He really shouldn't be doing this, and he knew it. But he was working on a project, and the school wouldn't let him use the resources from the robotics lab, and yeah, maybe it was a little selfish, but he needed these parts! And yeah, maybe sneaking into the school in the middle of the night wasn't exactly the best way to do that, but Tango had never been the best at making plans.

Shoving down his conscience, he carefully opened the window, wincing as it creaked more than he had expected. He should have listened to Impulse when he advised Tango to scope the place out beforehand.

"I still think you shouldn't do it." Impulse pursed his lips. "Not without some preparation, at least."

"C'mon, Impy! I'm so close to being done with this! I need to get the materials from somewhere!" Tango argued, pacing back and forth. Impulse stood up from the couch in their shared dorm room and put a hand on Tango's shoulder.

Tango froze, turning to look at his best friend with wide eyes like a deer caught in headlights. Impulse closed his eyes and sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose with his free hand.

"Don't get caught." Impulse said, opening his chocolate brown eyes, which were filled with worry. Tango grinned.

"I won't."

"I've got a meeting with the rest of the Boatem club soon, please be back by the time I am."

"Got it." Tango gave a mock salute.

"And do some preparing, please."

"...Maybe?" Tango looked down at his feet sheepishly.

"Tango," Impulse warned. Tango sighed.

"Fiiiine,"

He had no intentions of doing any preparations.

Tango really should have prepared, at least a little bit. But he hadn't, and now he was realizing just how much he didn't know about Hermit High. He did, however, know the way to the robotics lab like the back of his hand.

Tango made his way through the empty halls, trying to look out for the dirtiest areas since that's where the janitor would have to go soon. His footsteps echoed eerily through the dark high school, and Tango briefly remembered all the ghost stories told by other kids. He'd never really believed them, but he was still pretty scared.

He shook the thoughts away, thinking about how much Grian, the new transfer student, would make fun of him for being scared, and talk about how he had gone into an actually haunted school and almost died at his old high school.

Tango made his way slowly towards the lab, pausing to duck into a classroom every time he heard the rumbling of the janitor's cart.

Finally, he made it to the robotics lab and peeked inside. His heart seized up when he saw a dark figure rifling through spare parts. Was it the ghost? Was the school really haunted? Could it just be a student? Tango decided that the only way to find out would be to check it out, so he steeled his nerves and went in.

He opened the door pretty silently and decided to try to sneak up on the person/ghost/whatever the heck the figure was. He slowly crept up to the figure, and then put a hand down on their shoulder.

The person screamed, and Tango immediately clamped a hand over their mouth.

"Do you want to get caught?" he hissed. The person shook their head and pulled Tango's hand away.