Imaginary heartbeats

A figure slowly approached a grand golden door, it silently pushed it open revealing the heaping piles of documents files and papers. In the midst of all of the clutter sat a person, who was currently hard at work.

"Love, I told you not to overwork yourself" the figure said sweeping up the being known as Emanuel into their arms.

Emanuel chuckled a bit.

"Morpheus, you know I'm busy why don't you go monitor your "children" and not me"

"But I'd much rather sit here all day staring at your beautiful face."

At that Emanuel turned red, he looked away flustered.

"Why must you say such sappy things," Emanuel pouted.

Morpheus just laughed setting Emanuel down as he brought them both to a comfortable couch.

"Dear, you seem stressed, what is it?" Morpheus asked, nothing but care present in his eyes.

"You know me too well," Emanuel sighed, chuckling slightly. "It's just that everyone has been asking questions, they're wondering about the prophecy, I guess I just never though Emrys would come so soon. It's scary really, what has the chance to come."

Morpheus rubbed his back as he continued, "can we really protect them? Messing with fate is just such a dangerous thing. "

"I'm so sorry dear, I don't know much either" Morpheus said, patting the other's head in confort. "Just know that I will be by your side throughout everything, no one can seperate us."

"Thanks" Emanuel said, smiling weakly.

Morpheus thought for a second then got up, he slowly approached a musical instrument like thing and whispered a bit of magic.

"What are you doing?" Emanuel asked as music started to fill the room.

(For this next section if you wish to listen to music while reading here is some inspiration for the next bit.
I would advise to skip to the middle of the songs cause the section isn't that long.

https://youtu.be/HMGetv40FkI

https://youtu.be/TXJG6-7UBWg

https://youtu.be/WRWRXa3sF7o

If you want plz copy link)

"Darling, I know this might not be the right time to ask but, may I have this dance?" Morpheus said bowing low as he took Emanuel's hand.

Emanuel laughed as he nodded, offering no resistance to the strong arms leading them into a waltz.

"Why this all of the sudden?" Emanuel asked eyes twinkling.

"It just seemed like something that would comfort you, remember we used to dance together when we were kids?"

"Oh I definitely remember, you were horrible, you'd always step on my toes when we danced."

Morpheus laughed, not denying the accusation.

"Hopefully I've gotten better since then or this would be embarrassing." Morpheus said as he twirled his partner.

"You've definitely gotten better" Emanuel answered as they rejoined hands.

Around the room the waltzed, exchanging some conversation here and there. The lights danced with them as they swayed across the room. Hands clasped together as their feet stepped in sync. Smiling as they tapped to the rhythm of the music. Both of them felt as though they were children again, dancing in the fields among the flowers. The glass windows reflected light illuminating their footsteps. They waltzed as if it was rehearsed, as if the gods served as the audience. The stars paled in comparison to their intricate steps. The sun wished it could shine as bright as the two lovers. They danced as if they were the only things in the world to exist. In each other's arms they were forever satisfied, there was no need for anything else besides their love. The music guided them together making sure they never fell away from each other. They swayed for hours afraid that if they let go the other would turn to dust in their grasp. So forever closer were they dancing. Leaning close enough to hear imaginary heartbeats and the song of their souls.

"I don't ever want to let you go," Emanuel said softly into Morpheus's ear.

"And you don't have to, I'm right here, I'm always here."

They stood there for what felt minutes as the music came to an end, content to just gaze into each other's eyes. Emanuel leaned into Morpheus as he caressed his face. Thousand of words expressed in such simple actions. They both smiled as they touched foreheads, caring not about the world around them but only about the one standing before them.