Chapter 11

==========================

I love you for all that you are,

all that you have been,

all that you will be.

~unknown

==========================

Author's POV:-

Y/n snaps out of her thoughts when she feels Taehyung nudge her shoulder and looks at him to find him pointing towards the bride and groom, who were standing up from their seats for pheras.

"What are pheras?" Tae asks her, tilting his head a little, earning a soft smile from her.

"Pheras are one of the important rituals in Indian weddings. It is the seven circles that a couple takes around the sacred fire under the mandap. This one actually proclaims the bride and groom as a man and wife. It's like taking vows in a white wedding.
Each phera (round) that they take together in the presence of fire has a meaning of its own. 7 promises for 7 rounds that both the bride and groom take for each other. "
She explains and turns towards the bride and groom to see they're ready for their first round with a bright yet calm smile, resting on her face.

"Well, what is each round's promise?" He asks, looking at her side profile with a small smile.

"The first round is about promising each other happiness, prosperity and nourishment. For the groom, it is that he would provide her with happiness and take care of her nourishment, where as for the bride, it is that she would look after him and his family and share all his worries and responsibilities. "
She says, smiling softly at Myra and Nihal, who have finished their first round and are now going for their second.

'I would always take care of you, try to keep you happy.'

Taehyung promises himself while staring warmly at Y/n.

"The second round, is about praying to God for the strength that they both need to look after their blissful future together after marriage.
The groom, prays to seek strength so that he can protect their home and children, and the bride promises that she will be by his side as his courage and strength at every step in life, and encourage him in all his ventures. In return, she prays for the groom to love her solely." She continues throwing flower petals at the bride and groom, like others.

'I'll stand in front of you to face the danger, protect you and our future, and try to never let any danger get to you.'
Taehyung promises again, taking a glance at the fire, that was in the middle of the mandap.

"In the third one, the couple prays for wealth. For man, he promises to work hard to become wealthy to quench the needs of his wife and children, and for their long life.
The bride promises that she would love him devotedly and all other men, would be secondary in her life. "
Y/n says, promising this one to herself as well, glancing at Taehyung who was already gazing at her, promising his vow as well to his heart.

"The fourth one is that, the couple promises to always respect and shower each other with immense love and happiness." Y/n says, finally tearing her eyes away from Taehyung to look at the couple and continues.

"The groom thanks God for his bride, who would make his life beautiful and sacred and asks to be blessed with children who would be obedient in the future. And the bride complies, promising to her groom that she would shower him with love and joy from head to toe."