Chapter 15

Hey my people! So...this chapter isn't super long but I wanted to get it out there so that you guys wouldn't have to wait too long in order to read some more :) I guess it's my way of trying to make up for making ya'll wait like a month for an update hehehe. I'll try to do better. Promise! This chapter will be dedicated to JillNapier because I liked her comment ;) I laughed out loud when I read it. Literally! Wow I'll shut up now. Enjoy!

        Corin had good intentions. She did. She was planning on breaking up the huge fight that had escalated thanks to her. But as soon as she attempted to pull two guys apart, they immediately attack her instead. So what did she do? The only thing a person like her could do in her situation. She defended herself. Meaning, that as one tried to hit her in the stomach, she simply flipped him onto his back while she sent the other one flying into the midst of the fight. 

"This isn't working." Corin mutters to herself as she dodges a random limb. 

She needed to stop this fight. And it looked like she was going to have to use her powers in order to do that. 

Using her wind, Corin forcefully pushes people fighting away from each other. While some are so stunned that they freeze, others simply choose different people to fight with. What was with everyone wanting to fight?

"Stop fighting!" Corin yells. Hardly anyone hears her and if they do they simply ignore her.

"Quit fighting!" She tries again but it has no effect on anyone. This only fuels Corin's growing anger which finally, in a burst of bright red flames, erupts around her.

People scream from the eruption, some getting slightly burned from Corin's flames while others simply fall over from the shock. Standing in the midst of the flames, Corin could finally feel everyone paying attention to her.

"There will be no more fighting!" Corin commands sharply, staring down the men around her who were finally listening to her. 

"Says who?" Some guy yells, aggressively spitting on the ground.

Corin pauses before finally answering, "Corin Davis." 

At this a bunch of gasps ring out among the crowd. Corin could hear her name being whispered amongst the people

"It's her! The girl with the monster!" Someone suddenly yells, pointing at her. Almost immediately Corin could feel the people around her growing weary and aggressive. 

Corin had nearly forgotten the reputation she had in the universe as people start murmuring about her. Being with...Ronan...for so long, she had gotten used to not being pointed at and talked about all the time. It was like a major stab to the heart as the people around her start jeering at her. 

"Who do you think you are walking in here and acting like you own the place?"

"What a bastard!" 

"Go kill yourself already!" 

"The universe is safer without you!" 

"Evil!"

"I'll kill you!"

"You're better off dead!"

Corin closes her eyes against the insults, refusing to break down in front of these people. Opening her eyes, she manages to make eye contact with Tatiana who was still standing in the alley where she had left her, her eyes filled with sadness and pity.

Well, Corin had stopped the fight like she had wanted to. So that was something to be happy about she supposed.

Not wanting to deal with the taunts anymore, Corin simply walks away from the crowd and rejoins Tatiana. Not saying a word, Corin grabs her arm and drags her back the way they had come, refusing to say anything. 

"Are you ok?" Tatiana asks her after a moment of silence, grunting as she almost trips from how fast Corin was dragging her. 

"I'm fine." Corin says abruptly, making it obvious that she wasn't in the mood for conversation. "We need to find Silvester." 

They find him shortly after, him having watched the whole event from a different alley since he'd been unable to leave due to the huge fight.

Corin continues to give them the silent treatment as they awkwardly follow her from behind as she randomly leads them throughout the streets of Knowhere. She didn't know where she was headed but she needed to keep moving. Keep moving so that she couldn't think too deeply on what had just happened. 

She wanted to just break down and cry but she couldn't. She needed to grow stronger emotionally again now that she didn't have...Ronan...by her side.

"Corin, you're gonna have to talk to us." Silvester interrupts her thoughts but she doesn't respond.

"We only ask because we care about you." Tatiana adds in a quiet voice. 

Corin finally stops walking, their words running through her mind. 

"I'm so sorry about what happened. I had no idea that you had to deal with that on a regular basis. I-I wanted to hurt them for what they said about you." Tatiana says, her voice hardening at the end."

Their words were slowly breaking down the wall that Corin had put up.

"They don't even know who you are and yet they say that stuff about you." Silvester snarls. 

Corin could feel tears gathering in her eyes, unable to stop them anymore. 

"Corin?" Tatiana asks hesitantly, her hand touching Corin's shoulder softly.

Corin slowly turns to face them, their eyes widening at the tears running down Corin's face. 

"I can't do this anymore." Corin says, falling to her knees in defeat. "I just want this all to be over with! Maybe I'll do what they suggested and go kill myself." 

"No! Corin you can't do that!" Tatiana shrieks, falling down in front of Corin. "I won't let you! You're too valuable of a friend for me to let you do that." 

Corin gives her a sad smile. "I appreciate your words Tatiana but I really have no worth anymore. R-Ronan actually gave me worth, but he's not here anymore. I can't rely on anything else anymore." 

"Corin, you're reading into this way too much." Silvester says beside her. "You don't need Ronan for worth. And what those idiots said about you, they're all lies!" 

Corin was starting to feel comforted by them, her heart finally warming up again. 

Tatiana abruptly hugs her, squeezing her hard. "I love you Corin. Don't ever forget it." 

Touched, Corin hugs her back, unable to say anything. They pull apart and Corin quickly wipes her face, embarrassed that they had seen her crying. 

"Corin Davis?" A high pitched voice says, interrupting the moment.

Corin turns to see a small, petite girl with pink skin standing a few feet away from them. "My master would like to request an audience with you." She says, bowing politely. 

Corin looks at Silvester for guidance but he simply nods his head at her. 

"Okay. And who might your master be?" Corin asks, standing up. 

The girl closes her eyes for a brief moment before finally answering. "Taneleer Tivan. Also known as...The Collector." 

So I need some input from you guys. Obviously Ronan is going to be showing up sooner or later and I want to know how you guys want him to appear. Should he make an explosive entrance or what? Help! I just want to know what you guys think :) Input! Input! Input! (sounds like I'm golfing almost 0_0) Gross. Haha I'm gonna go now...awkwardly...in style...you can't see me...........yeah.............