Chapter 5

Oops! I'm a day late! Sorry to keep you guys waiting! I won't babble much so just read :)

        Time spent on the Dark Aster went surprisingly fast. Ronan continued to put Corin through intense training, never seeming to go easy on her. Her body felt so beat up yet slowly, she started to gain muscle strength and the skills to do actual hand to hand combat. And the best thing was, she could fight someone off without the help of the monster now. 

        Her and Ronan also didn’t fight too much anymore. He somehow seemed to respect her in a way that wasn’t always demanding or irritating. Corin actually found herself respecting him as well. He may push her hard but it somehow felt as if he was doing it to try and help her. She knew this had to be wrong though because she knew he only wanted her as some type of weapon of his. But still, she couldn’t hate him. 

        There’s a soft knock on Corin’s door and she sits up, still in bed, her hair everywhere. 

        “Come in.” She yawns and stretches her arms above her head. 

        Tatiana walks in and gives her a disapproving look. “You’re still in bed? You know Ronan will be angry when he finds out.”

        Corin pushes her hair out of her face. “Why would he be mad? It’s called sleep.” 

        “You were supposed to see him for training at 9:00a.m.” 

        Corin lazily glances at her clock, reading 9:05a.m. She takes a double take, suddenly realizing that she was indeed late. In a blind panic, she falls out of bed and scrambles to her feet. 

        “Why didn’t you wake me before now?” Corin yells as she yanks clothes over her head in a flurry.

        “Ronan says that you need to be responsible.” 

        Corin growls as she wrestles with her hair, throwing it back into a messy pony tail. 

        “Well he can—”

        “I wouldn’t finish that sentence if I were you.” Tatiana interrupts. 

        Corin pauses. “Why?” 

        “Don’t say anything that might set him off. He has ways of knowing what everyone says about him.” 

        “But seriously why?” 

        Tatiana heads towards the door and Corin jogs after her. “He’s not in a very good mood today.” They continue down the hallway, walking fast.

        “Did something happen?” 

        “I don’t know. And besides, even if something did, he wouldn’t go and tell us servants.” 

        “Why do you even work for him if he’s so mean to you servants?” 

        “He’s not mean to us. I respect him very much actually.” 

        They reach the training room and pause outside.

        “He does a great service for our planet. So it’s natural that we pay him back by helping him.” Tatiana continues. “He’s not as bad as he appears to be. Now you better get in there.” 

        Tatiana gives her a light push and Corin obliges, walking into the room, expecting to face Ronan’s wrath. Instead she’s met face to face with someone else.