Chapter 3

Hey people! Sorry it took so long to get this out. At least to me it felt like forever. But I'm going to try to have a new chapter out at least once every week, somtimes sooner depending on how busy I am. Without furthur ado, enjoy! And there's music on the side that you can listen to :)

        Later that day, after Corin took a shower and had time to fully explore her room, Tatiana returns to fetch her for dinner. Two guards followed Corin and Tatiana as they made their way through the ship. Walking down endless hallways, Corin studied the walls, strange designs covering all of them. It was strange thinking that she was going to live here from now on. Even though it wasn’t her choice to begin with. 

        As a couple soldiers pass Corin here and there, she can’t help noticing the strange looks they were giving her. Did she do something wrong? The monster growls inside her, wanting to wipe those looks off their faces but Corin pushes it back down. Ignoring the soldiers, she hurried after Tatiana. 

        They arrive at the dining room then, voices echoing from the room as they step through the door. The chatter instantly dies as all eyes land on Corin. Corin could literally feel the blood draining from her face, feeling awkward and self conscious from their accusing stares. While some were glaring at her, others actually looked scared of her. It was unsettling.

        “Uh, follow me.” Tatiana quickly pulls Corin with her, going around the long tables seated in the middle of the huge room. One table sat at the head, forming a ’T’. Corin spots Korath sitting at this table but he simply ignores her. Towards the back, one long table was piled high with different kinds of food.

        Corin looks behind her, noticing that some people continued to stare at her. The slow hum of chatter starts up again and Corin feels somewhat relieved. Turning her attention back to the food, Corin grabs a plate and starts loading it with weird looking fruits and something that looked like pasta. 

        Tatiana grabs a cup at the end of the table with some type of dark liquid inside it and heads towards the far table on the right. Deciding to ignore the drinks, Corin hurries after her, not wanting to be left behind. Tatiana notices Corin following her and stops her.

        “Oh, Corin, you actually shouldn’t sit here.” She says, looking apologetic. “I forgot to tell you but we actually sit according to our ranks. Only the servants and maids sit here.” Tatiana sits down, her white dress blending in with the other servants.

        “Oh.” Corin had failed to notice the color coding of the tables.

        Corin looks around the room, her eyebrows furrowed in thought. “Where do I fit in then?”

        Tatiana glances around the room, mumbling. “Well the middle is for the soldiers and people who run the ship.         The left is for any crew members and people who help Ronan with things. Umm, the head, that’s only Ronan and the people he chooses personally to sit there. Uh…” Tatiana trails off, looking troubled. “You…might fit in with the fighters but…you should ask Ronan.” 

        Corin’s eyes scan the room, not seeing the Kree leader anywhere. 

        “He’s not here.” 

        “Then…I would just sit somewhere in the middle then.”

        Corin can’t help shooting Tatiana a pained look. She didn’t know anyone else on this ship except Ronan and Tatiana. And she already thought of Tatiana as a friend. It was strange because before, she had had no one to ever be with, and now she did. Having to go back to being alone was hard.