Chapter 7

I'M BACK!!!!!! Did you miss me? Gosh I kind of missed myself. Oh well, my pillow kept me company. Lol. Anyhoo, I think you guys will like this chapter ;) This chaper is dedicated to JillNapier. Oh and the picture on the right is kind of what I picture Corin looking like. Or at least it's the best picture I could find hehe. Anyways, there's music on the side you can listen to if you want. Enjoy!

         Corin was losing. She was trying to control the monster but it was overpowering her. It was just like in the beginning. She was completely helpless as the monster took control of her and Corin could only watch as Chaos and destruction started to form around her. Bodies littered the ground and Corin’s hands were stained red. And the only thing she could do…was scream.

Corin jolted upright in bed with a gasp. Looking around wildly, Corin found herself in her bedroom, no longer surrounded by blood. 

“A dream.” She gasps as she wraps her arms around her trembling body. Except it wasn’t just a dream. It had actually happened to her, what felt like a long time ago. And this was just a reminder that it could happen again. Corin had just forgotten since  Ronan had been training her and she had been gaining control of it.

There’s banging on her door and Tatiana suddenly bursts through.

“Are you ok?” She yells as she hurries to Corin’s side. 

Corin nods. 

“You were screaming. I thought someone had attacked you or something!” Tatiana freaks and flings her arms around Corin.

Corin freezes, noticing the warmth of Tatiana’s arms around her. Slowly, Corin takes her own arms and puts them around Tatiana. 

So this was a hug. No one had ever hugged Corin before and she found great warmth and comfort from it. 

“Are you ok?” Tatiana says again and Corin smiles.

“I’m ok now. I just had a nightmare.” 

“What is going on here?” A low voice says and Corin looks up to find Ronan standing in the doorway. For some odd reason her heart started thumping, seeing him standing there. 

“We—”

“Everything’s fine. There’s nothing to worry about.” Tatiana interrupts Corin and Ronan’s face remains expressionless. 

For a moment he’s silent, not saying anything. But then, “Corin. I need you in the training room.” Without another word he turns and leaves. 

Corin stares after him, slightly confused but then Tatiana starts giggling. 

“What is it?” Corin asks. 

“His…face.” She says between giggles. “I’ve never seen him…look so speechless.” She lets go of Corin and doubles over laughing. 

“It wasn’t that funny.” Corin says, starting to get ready. 

“You don’t understand. He’s never speechless. I think he was worried about you.” She does that weird thing with her eyebrows and Corin struggles not to laugh. 

“Doubt it!” She yells as she runs from the room, finally letting her laugh out in the hallway.

“At least someone is cheerful in the morning.” Corin turns around to see Silvester walking towards her and Corin suddenly finds herself self conscious. 

“Uh…yeah.” She starts to walk away but Silvester falls into step beside her. 

“You heading to breakfast?” He asks her, being friendly.