Chapter 12

Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Yo ma peeps! I've finally finished this lil chapter! I think you guys will like it ;) Enjoy! This is dedicated to arobinson18 :)      

      Corin spent the next couple of days recovering from the fight. Tatiana had freaked out when she’d seen her and was constantly fussing over her. Ronan meanwhile was extremely busy with something so she didn’t see him very often. And whenever she’d question him about it he’d either get angry or completely ignore her. He was up to something and Corin wasn’t sure that she liked it. 

        Her wounds were recovering pretty fast but she still had to wait a few more days until she’d be able to go into battle again. And since returning from the battle, there had been a change in the soldier’s attitudes. They no longer were sending her angry glares but instead would give her small nods whenever she passed them. They actually seemed to respect her now which left Corin feeling pretty pleased. 

        She was currently stretching in the training room, trying to work her muscles back to normal. Tatiana was supervising her, making sure that she didn’t overdue it. 

        “I still can’t believe how fast you’re recovering.” Tatiana observes as Corin stretches her legs out in front of her. 

        “I know.” Corin leans forward, feeling how tight she was from days of inactivity. “I just hope that I can return to fighting soon.” 

        “Why do you say that? Isn’t it nice being able to relax and not worry about being beat up?” 

        Corin pauses in her stretching, thinking about her answer. “I guess…I just feel like I need to fight in order to have some type of worth while I’m here.”

        “Aww Corin.” Tatiana says. “You have plenty of worth without having to fight. At least, to me you do.” 

        Corin could feel her heart melting towards Tatiana, loving her so much at that moment. “Thank you Tatiana.” She says softly. “No one’s ever told me that before.” 

        Corin’s eyes prickle and she rubs at them. Deciding that she had stretched enough, she stands up from the ground, wobbling slightly. Tatiana immediately goes to her side, making sure that she didn’t fall over. 

        “Does your body feel better now?” 

        Corin nods. “Yeah. I still feel a little sore though. Hey, am I still black and blue?” Corin lifts her shirt so that Tatiana could observe her stomach and sides. 

        “Just a little bit. It’s fading though.” 

        Corin looks down at her side, where one of the bullets had hit her. She softy rubs the scar, feeling the tiny bump. With a sigh, she puts her shirt back down. 

        “Too bad these scars won’t go away though.” 

        They leave the training room and head towards the dining room for dinner. 

        “If it helps, you’re not the only one who has scars like that.” Tatiana says reassuringly to Corin as they walk. “I know that Silvester has one on his shoulder.”

        Corin freezes at the mention of Silvester’s name, her blood running cold. Images of him drawing closer to her face swim through her mind as she remembers how he had forced a kiss upon her. Corin shudders, feeling a mix of emotions running through her that weren’t pleasant. 

        In the excitement of the battle and everything, she had completely forgotten about what he had done and hot fury rushes through her.