Chapter 10

Hey people! I'M BACK!!!! I am seriously so sorry for making all of you wait for so long. It has literally been a month since the last time I posted. So again, my apologies. I've been super busy and haven't had much time to think about this story. But no worries, I plan on ending it eventually! So thank you for sticking with me and I will try to do a better job at getting chapters posted on time. Love you guys!

        Darkness. Voices. Silence. Repeat. Corin kept fading in and out of consciousness. And the only thing she could feel was a dull throbbing that seemed to resonate throughout her whole being. And it wasn’t until the tenth time of giving in to the dark did she finally resurface to the light. 

Corin was conscious of a low beeping that sounded like a heart monitor as her hearing started to return to her. She was gaining back feeling in her body, meaning that she could now feel how hurt she was. Her eyes felt dry and sealed shut as slowly she opened them to slits. 

The room she was in was surprisingly not bright like that of a hospital room so she was able to slowly open her eyes all the way. There was a type of blue glow that lit up the room, giving her skin a bluish hue as she slowly looked around. She was definitely in some of type of medical room on the Dark Aster because various other beds surrounded her with other soldiers occupying them. 

Corin could clearly remember what had happened before she got shot but everything else was a blur to her. Looking down at her chest and shoulders, Corin could see that she was heavily bandaged. 

Wanting to test out her body, Corin moved her arms up and down, only to find a big needle strapped to her arm. Her arms felt fine besides a dull ache that started in her shoulder, meaning she had probably been hit there. 

She was just thinking of pulling the needle out of her arm when a couple nurses suddenly enter the room.   

“Ah you’re awake.” One of them says, looking relieved as she looked over some type of chart she was holding. “Milian, go fetch Ronan and Tatiana. They’ll want to see her.”  

Corin perks up at the mention of their names.

One of the younger looking nurses nods her head, shoots Corin a shy smile, and then hurries out of the room. 

The older nurse checks on the needle in Corin’s arm, muttering something under her breath before returning her attention to Corin. 

“You probably have questions. But basically you had nine bullets that were embedded in your skin, causing some internal damage. But luckily, your surgery was a success and now your on the road to recovery.”

It takes a moment for Corin to realize what she was saying. She had to have surgery? How long was she out? 

Corin opens her mouth to ask but instead she starts coughing. The nurse immediately brings a bottle of water to her lips and Corin drinks hungrily. Her throat felt scratchy and sore from misuse. 

Once she recovered, Corin finally managed to speak, her voice sounding raspy. “How long was I out?” 

“About two weeks.” 

Corin gaped at her, not quite believing what she was hearing. How could she have been out for so long?

“Miss Evans, Ronan said he’ll come in five minutes.” The girl Milian says, returning. 

Excitement flutters in Corin’s heart at the thought of seeing Ronan. That’s when the monster suddenly attacks her from within and Corin’s whole body grows tense. 

It was pissed off. She had managed to stop it from taking over and now that she was awake again, it was determined to get out again. Before Ronan could come and stop her. Corin’s body jolts as she attempts to cage the monster.