four

𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓰 𝓶𝓲𝓴𝓪𝓮𝓵𝓼𝓸𝓷
4. family ties

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're taking Damon to the founder's party? What about me?" the Bennett witch asked the blonde as we entered the mystic grill.

"Go with Elena," Caroline told her.

"She's asking Stefan," I say as I sit down.

"Okay, go by yourself," Caroline said, 

"Gee, thanks," Bonnie said sarcastically before turning to me. "What about you? Are you going? You weren't there last year."

"Oh, I'm not going," I told her.

"What? No. Please be my date. I don't want to go alone." Bonnie begged.

"Then don't go," I said, shrugging.

"Natalie~," Bonnie whined.

"Bonnie~," I mock.

"Pretty please?" I look at her, pleading look before I sigh, giving her a small smile.

"Nope." I replied, and she groaned. I turn to Caroline. "What about your mom, Caroline? Is she okay with you bringing Damon?" I questioned.

"And I'm supposed to care why?" Caroline asked.

"He's an older, sexy, danger guy," Bonnie responded.

"Older, sexy, danger guy? What, is that an official witch Twitter tweet?" Caroline joked.

"Enough with the witch jokes," I snapped.

"Yeah. That whole Mr. Tanner prediction thing has me freaked." Bonnie told us.

"Okay." Caroline agreed. It was quiet for a minute before she continued. "And Damon's not dangerous. You know, he has a lot of issues with his brother. You know, like major, deep-rooted drama."

"Like...?" Bonnie urged.

"I'm not supposed to say anything."

"When have you ever kept a secret in your life?" I said, and Bonnie nodded, pointing at me.

"Okay. But you can't tell Elena." Caroline said, causing Bonnie and I to look at each other.

"No."

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━

"But I don't want to go," I whine as I sit in Gilbert's kitchen with Bonnie. "Besides, I don't have anything to wear."

"You can borrow something of mine. And you have to go. You're my date. You're not going to make me go alone, are you?" Bonnie guilt-tripped me.

"I wish I could," I pout, and Bonnie shoves me playfully.

I hear the doorbell ring and get up to open it before I hear the door open.

"I'm here for my mom." I hear Tyler say.

"Tyler," I told Elena, and her eyes widened. She quickly grabbed the box of stuff for the founder's party before running to the front door, and I got up, standing in the hall.

"I was supposed to pick up a box of stuff."

"Right here. Please be careful." I Elena said, handing him the box carefully.

"Yeah, be careful with it, dick." Jeremy snapped.

"Hey! Not now, okay, guys? Please?" Elena scolded.

"I'm fine. He's just being a punk." Tyler insulted.