twelve

𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓰 𝓶𝓲𝓴𝓪𝓮𝓵𝓼𝓸𝓷
12. fool me once

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first thing I heard when I woke up was the light chattering and music playing in the background. I opened my eyes, looking around the room, only to see I was in a hospital room. I sat up, looking for the noise, seeing it was the tv on the wall. I pulled myself to the edge of the bed, flinching as my feet touched the cold floor.

I look down at my arm to see a needle that was connected to an IV in my arm. I grabbed the end, hissing as I pulled it out of my skin. I got up and slowly walk to the door, but before I could open the door, it was opened from the other side, and in came Caroline.

"Oh my god," she gasped.

"Caroline?"

"You're awake," Caroline said, pulling me into a hug. "Are you okay?"

"Please let go," I groan.

"Someone woke up grumpy." Caroline joked, pulling away. "Do you remember what happened?"

I thought back to the vampire who attacked me and Anna, who saved my life. I shook my head, letting out a quiet 'no.' I looked around the room, hoping to find my stuff, more specifically my phone, so I could call Elena to warn her about the vampires.

"Hey, where's my stuff?" I asked Caroline.

"Oh, here," she said, pulling a bag out from under the bed and handing it to me.

I grab the bag quickly and started digging through it, throwing it on the bed once I found the phone.

"Who are you calling?" Caroline asks as I dial Elena's number.

"Elena. There's something I need to tell her." I say, earning a scoff from Caroline.

"Good luck with that."

"What?" I asked, confused.

"She hasn't been answering my call. I've been calling all day." Caroline informed me, causing me to worry.

"You mind?" I ask, and Caroline nods, leaving the hospital room.

I end the call with Elena and dial Stefan's number instead. I wait as it rings, chewing on my nails anxiously.

"Natalie? I was just about to call. Where are you?"

"Stefan, listen. There's more vam-"

"I know, but we have other problems. Elena's missing." Stefan interrupted.

"Where's Elena, Stefan?" I asked, worried for the doppelganger's safety.

"I don't know, but I need your help to find her. Where are you?" he asked me.

"The hospital." I responded, and before I added, "I'll tell you later. In the meantime, how can I help?"

"I need you to do a locater spell for me." 

"Get me the hell out of this hospital, and I'll do any spell you want. See you later." I said, ending the phone call.

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━

"Are you sure this is the place?" Stefan asked me as we pulled up to a motel.

"Trust me, this is the place," I tell him as I get out of the vehicle. "Can you hear them?"

There's a moment of silence before Stefan starts walking. "Come on."

We finally stopped in front of a door, and I heard voices on the other side. I look at Stefan to see him already looking at me and nod. Stefan kicks the door in. The vampire inside screams as the sunlight starts to burn his skin. I enter the room, quickly pulling the curtains open, allowing more sunlight to pour in, causing the vampire to hide in the dark between the two beds.