six

𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓰 𝓶𝓲𝓴𝓪𝓮𝓵𝓼𝓸𝓷
6. lost girls

A/N - In case you're wondering, Lily Collins is the face/body Nathalia used in 1864.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mystic Falls, Virginia
September 1864

"Cynth. You must hurry. She's arrived." Stefan called out to me as we ran out to the doorstep of the Salvatore estate.

"Hold on, Stefan. You know I can't run in these shoes." I laughed as I finally made it outside.

We stood straight, smiling at each other as a carriage arrived in front of us. A woman with beautiful chocolate skin exited the carriage first before holding her hand out to another woman, helping her out of the carriage. As she looks up at us, I see a familiar face I haven't seen since 1492. Katerina Petrova. I am brought out of my thoughts when Stefan approaches her, following behind him.

"You must be Miss Pierce," he spoke first.

"Please, call me Katherine." Katerina, or shall I say, Katherine, corrected.

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━

I leave the bathroom and go into my bedroom, wrapping myself with a towel and grabbing the extra towel from my bed to dry my hair. I grab my phone from my bed, seeing that I had a missing call and text from Stefan and a voicemail from Elena. I go to my voicemail, clicking on Elena's name."Nat. I just found out something. I'm not sure what to do, and I'm freaking out. Please call me back." There was a beep telling me the message was done.

"What the hell?" I sigh before I check Stefan's text, dropping my phone once I read it. She knows.

I ran over to my dresser, grabbing a random t-shirt, some leggings, and a pair of undergarments before changing as fast as possible. Once I finished putting on my shoes, I ran down the stairs, stopping as I heard my phone go off. I pulled out my phone, picking it up quickly, when I saw it was Stefan.

"Stefan, what's going on? I saw your message."

"We have a problem," Stefan tells me.

"Yeah, Elena knows you're a vampire."

"Right now, that's the least of my worries. Vicki's in transition." Stefan informs me, and my eyes go wide.

"Damon." I sigh, rubbing my eyes. "Where are you?"

"I'm at Elena's house. We need-" 

"I'll be right there," I interrupted, hanging up as I opened the front door, grabbing McKayla's car keys. "I'm taking the car!"

"Wait, what?!" I slam the door, not giving her a chance to argue.

Once I arrive at the Gilbert household, I jump out of my car, locking it before running up the front steps. I open the door, only to be pushed out of the way by the girl in transition.

"Vicki!" I shout.

"Vicki!" Matt called as he came out, stopping when she was out of sight.

"She was fine, and then she just-she just freaked out," Jeremy told us, out of breath.

"I'm going to go look for her. Call me if you hear anything." Matt said before he ran in the direction she left.

"I can try to do a location spell, but I'll need time."