seven

𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓰 𝓶𝓲𝓴𝓪𝓮𝓵𝓼𝓸𝓷
7. haunted

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where's the witchcraft? I mean, you've been talking history for 2 days. I wanna get to the fun part." I hear Bonnie ask her grams as I raise my hand to knock.

"It's not meant to be fun. It's real, and it's serious, and you must understand it before you practice it." The older witch informs.

"I couldn't agree more, grandma Bennett," I said, announcing my presence after using my magic to open the door. I smile at the look on her face and wave at her before pointing at the door. "Oh, sorry about that. I know I could've knocked, but you guys seemed busy, so.." I look at Bonnie before pointing outside. "Are we leaving?"

"Uh, yeah. Let me just grab my bag." Bonnie said, leaving the living room.

"You're an old one." I hear Bonnie's grams ask me.

"Rude, but I guess you could say that." I sigh. 

"Okay. Let's go." Bonnie says as she enters the room, saying goodbye to her Grams before we leave for school.

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━

"I have got your costumes. It's all here." Caroline said, handing us bags.

I grab the thin straps of the bag, looking inside to see a white dress, a halo, and some wings. I looked at Bonnie, who was already looking at me, holding a witch costume.

"Seriously?" Bonnie asked, lifting the costume for emphasis.

"An angel," I mutter, confused, still looking at my costume.

"Come on." Caroline groaned, leaning on the lockers behind her before continuing. "Can someone please be excited that it's Halloween? I just wanna have fun. You know. Just some silly, fluffy, Damon-free fun."

"Fine." I sigh, putting the halo back in the bag. "But I'm not wearing this dress."

"Hey, isn't this the one you got from Damon?" Bonnie said, pulling out a yellowish-orange crystal necklace, and my eyes widened.

"Let me see that," I said, grabbing it from Bonnie's hand.

Emily's necklace.

"O-okay," Bonnie replied as she released the chain.

"Wear it. Toss it. I don't care. I just want it gone." Caroline told Bonnie as I gave the necklace back to her. "Hey, have you seen Elena? Do we know what she's wearing?"

"I was with Grams all weekend. I haven't talked to her. Maybe she's with Stefan." Bonnie told her, putting her costume back inside the bag.

"Riding to his castle on his white horse," Caroline whined.

"Don't be bitter." I carefully punched her shoulder, smiling when she pouted, holding her shoulder in fake pain.

"Yeah. It provokes wrinkles." Bonnie added, walking away.

Caroline scoffs before getting up off the locker, pulling me as we follow Bonnie. The school bell rings as Caroline touches her face before turning to me.

"I don't have any wrinkles, right?" Caroline asked, moving her hair for me to see.

"A little." I joked, pointing to a spot on her cheek, causing me and Bonnie to laugh.

"That's not funny," she whined, and I laughed harder.

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━