ii. you take my breath away

CHAPTER TWOYOU TAKE MY BREATH AWAY

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

CHAPTER TWO
YOU TAKE MY BREATH AWAY

CHAPTER TWOYOU TAKE MY BREATH AWAY

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

THE SEAT EXACTLY IN the middle of the classroom was now taken by Christy, she had just arrived in time and not gotten detention. The first class had ended up being science― which was the only class no one paid attention to― and the classroom was for now quiet. Mr. Clarke grabbed a model of the human brain. "Meet the human brain," he began.

"Hey, you, pass this note to the girl behind you," a boy said from the seat in front of Christy, he passed her a note that she passed to the girl behind her. She frowned, but opened it and read it. "I know. I know, it doesn't look like much. A little gross even, right? But consider this. There are a hundred billion cells inside this miracle of evolution. All working as one. No, no, I did not misspeak. I did not stutter. A hundred billion."

Christy was taking notes secretly, she was― apart from the other's― enjoying science class. The class was silent as it always was when it was science class. She found writing relaxing, if she wasn't writing notes in her A4 notebook she would sketch things in it. Most of it was just drawings of things or a little poetry.

All she wanted was to lay on the grass, the mixtape placed in a special place in her backpack in her ears. The sound of Billy Joel's voice singing Vienna through her ears or Freddie Mercury singing Somebody To Love, it all depended on what mood she was in. Maybe she'll write something too!

The fell open. The class seemed to wake up from their sleep― literally― at the sudden sound. The fiery redhead from the day before stood there. Christy sunk in her seat, trying to hide her existence. But there was no place in the world where she could hide. "Ah, this must be our new student." Mr. Clarke said, locking eyes with the principal― nodding as a 'yes'― behind Max. "Indeed. All yours." the principal says importantly before exiting the classroom.

Max briefly smiled at Christy, planning on sitting next to her. But Mr. Clarke stopped her before she could. " All right. Hold on. You don't get away that easily. Come on up. Don't be shy." The ginger rolled her eyes, finding herself next to Mr. Clarke in front of the class. "Dustin, drum roll."

Dustin did as told, closing his notebook and patting on it repeatedly. "Class, place welcome, all the way from sunny California. the latest passenger to join us on our curiosity voyage, Maxine!" Mr. Clarke said as Dustin stopped.

"It's Max." Max corrected bluntly. Seeming to long the window spot next to the only one she knew in the classroom. Christy was resting her head in her hand, grinning at Max. "Sorry?" Mr. Clarke raised an eyebrow while looking at the girl.

"Nobody calls me Maxine." she explained. "It's Max."

"Well. All aboard Max." Mr. Clarke said, letting the poor girl go and sit by the window. Christy smiled jokingly, leaning herself more towards Max. "Hello Maxine."

Max crossed her arms over her chest. "Christine." The two of them smiled at each other. Christy saw that four boys were staring at them, she winked at them, flipping them off with a warm smile. "You're cool, Christy."

Poof! Christy was taken back two years before this. The exact words had been said by her best friend. Dead best friend.

Her daydreams had turned into real life. Well, she was seated on a bench watching Max skate while listening to You Take My Breath away by Queen. Max kicked off, her foot ended up on the board. The wind made her hair seem like a red cape. "Every move you make," it echoed in Christy's head watching as Max rolled on the school ground with her skateboard. "You destroy my mind."

Max came to Christy and she took off her headphones, pausing the song. "Want me to teach you how to handle this pretty creature?" the redhead grinned, referring to her skateboard. Christy smiled in reply. Standing up and following Max away from the bench.

"Place your feet on the board." Max' hand was placed gently on Christy's waist, the other intertwined with her hand. Christy smiled like a little girl, a giggle went past her lips off pride. She was swollen by happiness, the ice was starting to break.

The feeling of Max' hand left and Christy pushed her foot, rolling on the ground without help "I did it!" she grinned, and then she fell, she fell on the arm she had hurt badly.

"Shit!" Christy swore, her teeth were tightly pushed together. Max grabbed the board, running towards her. "Are you okay?" Christy laughed bitterly, standing up. "Yeah, I just got one hundred pounds over my fucking injurned arm."

Max chuckled, smiling while looking straight into Christy's eyes. Max's eyes were like the ocean, deep, but dangerous. For Christy it was dangerous, as she would jump in the water and wasn't good at swimming.

"Max, there are boys looking at us." Christy said disgustedly. Max looked the way she had looked. "Your notebook?" she said. Christy frowned. The two girls went back to the bench and found the notebook Christy had on the bench.

Max flipped to an empty page and wrote with big letters, STOP SPYING ON US, CREEPS!

"C'mon!" Max said, taking Christy's hand and running with her towards the nearest trash bin. Christy had some gut feeling. It was in a nice way. Max threw the paper in the bin. "That'll do. You okay?"

"Y― yes!" Christy said, smiling at Max. The two girls continued with the free time they had before class began again.

Christy enjoyed being friends with Max. It was because she was a good friend, and very good at many different thing . . . or maybe because of how much Max reminded Christy of James.

authors note.
stop spying on the gfs ya creeps!

word count: 986