vi. short for d'artagnan

CHAPTER SIXSHORT FOR D'ARTAGNAN

CHAPTER SIX
SHORT FOR D'ARTAGNAN

CHAPTER SIXSHORT FOR D'ARTAGNAN

ONE THING ABOUT CHRISTY is that she is very much a morning person. You may ask yourself, why? Sleeping is so much better than being awake? Yeah, Christy was surprised with it too. When her tired chocolate colored eyes looked over Max to see that it was six thirty o'clock she felt rather relieved. Trouble with sleeping was one thing― if not the only― that Christy and Alex Woods had in common. The sister and brother would often drink a cup of tea while they talked about the day, goals and share their dreams if they remembered. The morning was the best part of the day to just relax and have time to take things slowly but surely.

Waking up early also meant that if Matthew died while at word, his children would have said goodbye and reassured him one last Christy left Max to continue her peaceful slumber. The girl quietly went out of the room. "Oh, hi! I was planning on waking you up now." Alex laughed. The pair of siblings walked towards the kitchen. "Spare the talk till the tea brother." Christy smiles as Alex wraps his arm around his sister lovingly.

Alex had already heated the water and poured it into two cups next to each other, he handed one to Christy and jumped on the counter while Christy put some cold water in the cup. "So . . . this Max girl. Have you known each other for a long time?" he asked, taking a sip from his cup of tea. "I would not say that if I'm gonna be honest." Christy shook her head gently. "Since October twenty-ninth I guess . . ."

"That little?" Alex spit out his tea, swearing under his breath as the hot water had burned the area around mouth. Christy closed the water tab and sat next to Alex on the counter. "Why that reaction?"

"Sorry, I just thought― I thought you two seemed like very close friends." Alex smiled and also put some water in his cup to cool it down before he ruffled Christy's hair. "Nothing offensive, Christyran."

Christy smiled, slowly sipping on her tea. Her smile soon was unsure. "Do you ever miss your childhood friends that's now living their best lives in Portland?" she asked, taking a sip of her mug filled with hot water. "Yeah, I mean we do call sometimes. I can't imagine what would have happened if they died." Alex patted her back gently with a comforting smile.